International Space Camp 2004

Been to an International Space Camp session, either in Huntsville or around the world? Talk about it with others here!

Moderator: Vincent

.: Pj :.
Camper
Camper

Post by .: Pj :. »

I forgive you :wink: !
ISC 2004 ( Belgium ), Shepard-team
Camper
Camper

Already over 1000 people visited my photopage at http://spacecamp.ibnerd.net/Pj :D !
Camper
Camper

Here ( http://spacecamp.ibnerd.net/album20 ) you can find the pictures of my visit to ESTEC this week( The European Space Research and Technology Centre, is the design hub for
most ESA spacecraft and technology development ).
They will all be online, somewhere next week ! ).
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

Wow, Pj, I am so jealous!! You trip to the ESTEC looks amazing. Thank you for sharing your photos. I wish we had things like this where I live.
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
Camper
Camper

Normally on 2nd May I will go to the EAC, The European Astronaut Center, in Cologne. I will join professor André Aubert ( cardiology ) of my university to a lecture he will give for Thomas Reiter ( he will normally travel with the spaceshuttle in the summervacation ) and several other ESA-astronauts about an experiment they will perform on the ISS ( called 'CardioCog' ). André Aubert is one of the only doctors who can investigate everybody who goes into space: astronauts, cosmonauts and taikonauts. This weekend he will travel to the landingspot of the soyuz next week to investigate the astronauts. In the summervacation he will be in Cape Canaveral and so on, and on, and on :wink: ! What a life :D !
EAC - home base of the European Astronaut Corps

The European Astronaut Centre of the European Space Agency is situated in Cologne, Germany. It was established in 1990 as a result of Europe's commitment to human space programmes and is the home base of the 13 European astronauts who are members of the European Astronaut Corps.

The role of the EAC is to prepare and implement astronaut training programmes for a variety of missions, including those for the International Space Station. It also coordinates astronaut training between ESA and its International Space Station Programme partners.
EAC is responsible for the preparation, planning and scheduling of the European astronauts' tasks and flight assignments as well as coordinating astronaut activities with other countries. The EAC provides support ranging from public relations assistance to medical monitoring. This support, which includes support to the families of astronauts both at home or abroad, is especially important during extended stays by astronauts on space flight missions and at ESA's partner training centres.

Finally, EAC supports ESA's astronaut candidate selections.
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

Wow! Now I am even more in awe PJ! To know such great people and to do such great things... Wow! The most I get to do is plan a five day summer programme to teach kids about space. (I should have studied to become a teacher.) Have a wonderful time at the EAC and be sure to share your stories and pictures.
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
Applenaut
Camper
Camper

Post by Applenaut »

.: Pj :. wrote:Here ( http://spacecamp.ibnerd.net/album20 ) you can find the pictures of my visit to ESTEC this week( The European Space Research and Technology Centre, is the design hub for
most ESA spacecraft and technology development ).
They will all be online, somewhere next week ! ).
PJ, it is so great you have been to the ESTEC! I live close to it. Well close... half hour travelling by train. But I went there very often and I love the place! I am going there next week again during my holidays.
Don't hang up your dancing slippers

ISC 2003, Tsiolkovsky team