Going to an International Camp

Been to an International Space Camp session, either in Huntsville or around the world? Talk about it with others here!

Moderator: Vincent

Vincent
Site Admin
Site Admin

Going to an International Camp

Post by Vincent »

So many people from other countries attend Space Camp every year, as well as attend their own "local" Space Camps, I was wondering if anyone has or has heard of someone going to a foreign camp outside of the states...

I always thought it would be neat to go to Euro Space Camp or Space Camp Canada.

For various reasons, I never really ever considered it, but I think it would still be (well, would have been, at this point) a great experience.
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

I always wanted to go to an international space camp in another country. I was at camp several times when there were international groups there and always wondered what iw ould be like to be their coming from another country. Personally if i was going to go to an international camp though i'd want to go to one of the camps overseas. I know Canada is technicly international but it would still be alot like being in the US since the 2 countries are similar in many ways. Now going to space camp in Turkey or Japan now that would be an experiance.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
monkeynautt
Counselor
Counselor

Post by monkeynautt »

I probably would have gone to the Canada but by the time I found out about Space Camp I was to old. The Canada is only to age 15. I'm glad I went to Alabama though. The Canada camp is probably close to the price of Alabama camp and the plane ticket would have been just as expensive because I would have to fly across the country. Alabama was probably a lot more fun and way better!
-Laura
ASA:
Aug 2001 - Shepard
Aug 2002 - Shepard
July 2003 - Goddard
Dec 2003/Jan 2004 - Von Braun
May/June 2004 - Enterprise
Alumni SA:
June 2007 - Challenger
July 2009 - Columbia
Counselor:
Summer 2009
Robotics Counselor:
Summer 2010
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Well realisticly i could never have afforded to go to a foreign camp and of the 2 camps open when i went the first time i'm glad i went to alabama since its the original.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador