First Timer at Adult Space Academy in September

Going to camp soon? Have questions about camp? Post them here for those that have gone to answer.

Moderator: Vincent

p51
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Re: First Timer at Adult Space Academy in September

Post by p51 »

I made several suggestions for what to bring-wear at SC along with some myths dispelled at the bottom of my SC page: http://www.freewebs.com/willysmb44/spacecamp.htm The last two times I've gone, I've encountered someone who has thanked me for that and used my site as guidance for going the first time. It ain't perfect, but it's some of the things I didn't know before I went the first time.
And as for flight suits, that varies. One year, nobody wanted to wear them. Another year, everyone was sporting them. You just never know, but I always suggest that people have one when they start camp (buying one from the gift shop is easy unless you're some very unusual size). If no other time, it's good to have one for graduation and they make a great souvenir and Halloween costume later on!
wxnerdjenn wrote:though I would love to know if there are going to be tracks for pilot/MS.
They didn't do tracks when I did the 4-day adult camp in October, and I highly doubt that's changed.
Skidmark
Space Academy: 2012, 2013 and 2014
Advanced Space Academy: 2016 and 2018

Undefeated for winning mission patch designs!
Official Space Camp Ambassador