Camp Shopping!

Going to camp soon? Have questions about camp? Post them here for those that have gone to answer.

Moderator: Vincent

coolgal
Camper
Camper

Camp Shopping!

Post by coolgal »

Okay I think these will be my last few questions before I go to camp. :)
What Can you get with the trainee gift card? Can I get Dippin' Dots with the gift card? (I hear there's a lot of Dippin' Dots at camp. :D)
Can you go to the gift shop at all during camp?
How much money should I bring?
I'm leaving in about 4 days so quick answers would be super great! Thanks!
ASA 2013
ASA 2014
ASA 2015
Hotdog
Top Gun
Top Gun

Re: Camp Shopping!

Post by Hotdog »

As far as I know, the gift card only works on merchandise in the gift shop. Dippin' Dots fall into the vending machine category and you will need to bring a small amount of cash to carry around for that kind of stuff. I would guess around $10 in one dollar bills might be enough for the week. I will be down there on thursday so perhaps I can take a look at the prices on the vending machines while I'm there and get a better idea for you.

You will get plenty of opportunities to spend money in the gift shop :D

Bring as much money as you can get your parents to give you. That was always my strategy! :lol:
4-time Space Camp/Academy alumni
1989, 1991*, 1992, 1994
*Right Stuff Award Winner
street
Counselor
Counselor

Post by street »

You can use your 'gift card' at the Gift Shop, the IMAX concession stand and the Mars Grill (not usually visited by Campers). Dippin' Dots are available out in Rocket Park or from vending machines. Depending upon your need for Dippin' Dots, (they're rather pricey!) I'd bring at least $15 in singles.
Living the dream
coolgal
Camper
Camper

Post by coolgal »

Thanks a ton Hotdog! And I'm planning on bringing as much money as my parents will give me, haha. :D
ASA 2013
ASA 2014
ASA 2015