Graduation

Going to camp soon? Have questions about camp? Post them here for those that have gone to answer.

Moderator: Vincent

coolgal
Camper
Camper

Graduation

Post by coolgal »

Can someone tell me what graduation is like? What happens? What awards are there? I am just so pumped to go I wanna know every detail! :D
ASA 2013
ASA 2014
ASA 2015
Hotdog
Top Gun
Top Gun

Re: Graduation

Post by Hotdog »

At graduation, each team is called up and given their wings and certificate of graduation. You shake hands with the staff and go sit back down. Then the awards are given out. Team awards are given for the Best Mission Patch design, Best Space Station design, and Best Mission. They may also give an award to the team who wins the Spacebowl trivia game if you play it. Individual awards are given out last. They are the Right Stuff Award for the male and female trainees who go above and beyond in the areas of leadership and teamwork during the week. An Outstanding Trainee Award might be given to someone who shows outstanding attitude, willingness to work and learn, preparation, leadership, decision-making and teamwork. There may be other awards that have come along since my day, but this is how I remember it from back then. Your graduation may be in any number of locations, including under the Pathfinder shuttle, in the Astrotrek building, Davidson center or the auditorium in the main museum. Am I leaving anything out, guys?
4-time Space Camp/Academy alumni
1989, 1991*, 1992, 1994
*Right Stuff Award Winner
street
Counselor
Counselor

Post by street »

Awards vary according to the program, but Hotdog has the basic gist of it! The main thing you'll take away from your week at Space Camp are your new found skills and friends!
Living the dream
Hotdog
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Hotdog »

Coolgal, one more piece of advice: take lots of pictures! Although you will be too busy most of the time, you can delegate camera duties to someone in the group during team activities. And be sure to get the names and email addresses of your teammates so you can keep in touch!
4-time Space Camp/Academy alumni
1989, 1991*, 1992, 1994
*Right Stuff Award Winner