Family Camp sleeping arrangements

Going to camp soon? Have questions about camp? Post them here for those that have gone to answer.

Moderator: Vincent

tdlights
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Family Camp sleeping arrangements

Post by tdlights »

Hi, My son and I (his mother) are coming to the Family Camp in July. Since we are opposite genders, what type of sleeping arrangements will there be? Will we sleep in separate dorms, or Habs?
Conan
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Family Camp sleeping arrangements

Post by Conan »

I have been to the family space camp several times with different nephews. Since we were opposite gender, they put us in a room by ourselves. There were 7 bunks for just the two of us so we had our pick. Bathrooms are gender specific and are down the hall, or in my case, on another level, so we did all of our washing and changing clothes there.
Conan
1988-Adult Lev. I
1994-Parent/Child
1996-Adult Lev. II
1997-Adult AC
1998-P/C
1999-Pilot/Copilot
2000-P/C FL
2000-Adv. Adult Acad
2001-Adult AC
2004-Pilot/Copilot,
2007-Adult Alum.Reunion
2009-P/C
2014 - Adult 4-Day
2015 - Advance Adult Academy
chris_radcliff
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Post by chris_radcliff »

Thanks, Conan! My wife and I are attending Parent/Child with our geeklet, and I also wondered what the sleeping arrangements would be. Putting the family together does make sense, and I can help the 'let with his ablutions down the hall.
~ Chris
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004
Parent/Child 2013
street
Counselor
Counselor

Post by street »

Hi Chris! Since you, your wife and your geeklet :wink: are a mixed gender family, you will be given your own room. The room has 7 bunks (5 upper, 2 lower), 7 lockers and a desk, so you'll have room to spread out. Be sure everyone brings shower shoes so you don't go home with a science experiment between your toes. We also ask that you bring something to wear (pj pants and a tee is good) to and from the bathrooms. I'm still traumatized by a very hairy man that was strolling along the 2nd floor in nothing but a towel (I was on the 1st floor). The hab is an atrium style building, so there are no secrets! :mrgreen:
Living the dream