Any reason to pack a sweatshirt in August?

Going to camp soon? Have questions about camp? Post them here for those that have gone to answer.

Moderator: Vincent

5inNH
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Any reason to pack a sweatshirt in August?

Post by 5inNH »

Hi:
I believe it's on the list. I can't imagine it gets cold enough in Alabama to need a sweatshirt.

What about a plastic poncho for rain? Any need?

Thanks.

Michelle
Vincent
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Vincent »

As many will attest, the habitat modules are kept very well air conditioned.

A sweatshirt could help at night.

At the same time, counselors are usually pretty good about scrounging up an extra blanket, if you're looking to pack light.
5inNH
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Post by 5inNH »

I wish he were packing light! He's certainly not packing for a Boy Scout trip. One would think he's going to the other side of the world. LOL. He wants to bring his own pillow and blanket so the sweatshirt will have to stay back. Plus, he wants enough room in his suitcase to bring back stuff from the gift shop. I certainly, hope a staff member is kind enough to help him lift his suitcase onto the bus. It is a rolling suitcase so he can handle it but may not be able to lift it. LOL.
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

If he is bringing his own blanket it combined with one from camp or it by itself. As for the rain poncho it couldnt hurt. If its raining then he will be inside typically. However the space camp and Aviation Challenge campuses both have multiple building that are used by campers throughout the week and they will have to move between them so it might help keep him dry.

as for helping with suitcases dont worry counselors are very good about helping campers with problems of any sorts from helping with suitcases to homesickness and other issues that arise. Believe me i had my far share of helping campers when i worked there even at 2 am. The staff is very good.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
5inNH
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Post by 5inNH »

Well - he's off and I don't have to worry about the large suitcase. He rolled it up a flight of stairs by himself at the airport. I suppose we should have looked for a ramp. LOL.

Thanks for all the help!

Michelle