Oh My Gosh! Please help me!

Going to camp soon? Have questions about camp? Post them here for those that have gone to answer.

Moderator: Vincent

alaskamak10
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Oh My Gosh! Please help me!

Post by alaskamak10 »

My Explanation

So, I'm going to SPACE Camp for the first time in 9 days. I have prepared myself in every possible way; bathrooms, duct tape, crack in locker, and more. But I forgot probably one of the most important things: missions.

Who Can help me With My Serious Problem

So I need somebody young(like 10 or 11, but 12 is fine.) I am around this age. I also need a simple expanation. I will get the name, but I don't really get space talk yet because this is my first time.

I am taking the Aviation Track in Huntsville, Alabama. Can anyone explain some missions, please?
http://minecraft.ign.com/wiki/File:Cake.png
YUM!
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Hotdog »

What is it about the missions that you want to know about?

If you are on the aviation track, you will have a spot as either commander or pilot of the shuttle. Your job will be to launch the shuttle, put your crew in space and bring them back safely. There will also be another mission where you will sit in mission control instead of inside of the shuttle.

Your mission will not go smoothly. There will be malfunctions that you have to work with mission control to fix. There will be members of your crew who get sick or go crazy during the mission. If you are the commander, you will be in charge. You may even be the person who gets to go bezerk. The sim director or counselor "ghosts" who will be in the shuttle observing your performance will be the ones who decide these things.
4-time Space Camp/Academy alumni
1989, 1991*, 1992, 1994
*Right Stuff Award Winner
alaskamak10
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Post by alaskamak10 »

Thanks, Hotdog! Since we are a team, does everybody get a turn to commander? (Sorry about my dumb questions :p)
http://minecraft.ign.com/wiki/File:Cake.png
YUM!
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Before you take Hotdog's info too seriously which age group are you in? There is a big diffrence between the Aviation track for Space Camp and Academy and the Pilot track of advanced academy. What hotdog says only applises to the advanced academy high school level program. The other two it has more to do with aditional training you will get. In this case half your day will be spent at Space Camp and half at Aviation challenge assuming you are not Advanced academy mission positions are still decided diffrently if you are at camp or academy that is. If you are going to Advanced academy then what he said is true.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
Hotdog
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Hotdog »

Boomerang is right. What you'll be doing is different than what I explained. Your days will be split, half at Space Camp and half at Aviation Challenge. So disregard what I said about being Commander or Pilot and all that jazz. Your mission positions will be assigned differently.
4-time Space Camp/Academy alumni
1989, 1991*, 1992, 1994
*Right Stuff Award Winner