2 weeks at a time?

Going to camp soon? Have questions about camp? Post them here for those that have gone to answer.

Moderator: Vincent

TopGun
Camper
Camper

2 weeks at a time?

Post by TopGun »

I was wondering if it is fun to go to space academy for 2 weeks in a row. What do you do between sessions?
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

I know someone who did a week and a half, oddly enough. It was at a time when they were changing session start dates from Wednesdays (I think) to Sundays. He didn't get the memo that the dates changed and arrived mid-session. Long story short, they let him stay on for another week. The day between sessions he hung out with the late departure - early arrival crew, visiting the museum, watching films, that sort of stuff.

Staying for two weeks would be a unique experience! You would repeat the programming, yet with different team mates and counsellors. Should be interesting, and fun too! If you do it you'll have to let us know how it was.
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
Hotdog
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Hotdog »

I remember a kid whose parents put him in Space Academy Level 1 for a whole month! And you didn't have to be around this kid very long to figure out why his parents wanted to be rid of him for so long! He was a little smart-a$$! This kid thought he knew everything and acted like he was better than everyone because he had done everything at camp the week(s) before. I was so glad he ended up on another team and not mine, because that's the type of trainee who can ruin the cohesiveness and camaraderie of a team!
4-time Space Camp/Academy alumni
1989, 1991*, 1992, 1994
*Right Stuff Award Winner
Revan
Camper
Camper

Post by Revan »

Hotdog wrote:I remember a kid whose parents put him in Space Academy Level 1 for a whole month! And you didn't have to be around this kid very long to figure out why his parents wanted to be rid of him for so long! He was a little smart-a$$! This kid thought he knew everything and acted like he was better than everyone because he had done everything at camp the week(s) before. I was so glad he ended up on another team and not mine, because that's the type of trainee who can ruin the cohesiveness and camaraderie of a team!
*likes this*

Oh, wait, we're not on Facebook. Dangit.
Space Camp 2005, Team Aldrin.
Space Academy 2008, Team Charon
ASA 2009, Team Von Tiesenhausen
12 Day ASA 2010, Team Liberty Bell