Showers

Going to camp soon? Have questions about camp? Post them here for those that have gone to answer.

Moderator: Vincent

DanM
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Showers

Post by DanM »

Does anyone know when the boys' showers in Hab1 are least crowded? I can't decide whether or not I should take morning or evening showers.
Space Camp July 9-14 2006
Phoenix Bay-Team Armstrong

Space Academy June 17-22 2007
Bay 205-Team Orville

Advanced Space Academy-June 26-July 1 2011
Bay 221-Team Von Braun
Vincent
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Vincent »

I was always so excited to be at Space Camp that'd I'd wake up well before it was officially time to wake up. The bathrooms are quite empty when everyone is still sleeping!
DanM
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by DanM »

Vincent wrote:I was always so excited to be at Space Camp that'd I'd wake up well before it was officially time to wake up. The bathrooms are quite empty when everyone is still sleeping!
And this is allowed?
Space Camp July 9-14 2006
Phoenix Bay-Team Armstrong

Space Academy June 17-22 2007
Bay 205-Team Orville

Advanced Space Academy-June 26-July 1 2011
Bay 221-Team Von Braun
Vincent
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Vincent »

It was never disallowed!

I mean, if the counselors are still asleep too... :D
gt0163c
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by gt0163c »

With most camps that I've been to, the best time to shower is always five minutes before offical wake-up time.
I'm a morning person, so I'm usually awake pretty early. As a kid, I never had a problem with waking up a few minutes early and hitting the showers. As an adult chaperone at many overnight (and weeklong) youth events, I have no problem with a student waking up a bit early, as long as they are quiet and understand that others are still sleeping, I can't imagine anyone having an issue.

The key to making this work is having everything ready to go, in one place and easy to find the night before. That way, all you have to do is grab your gear and go. Use a small flashlight (cup your hand around the beam and keep it pointed at pointed at the floor) if you need to so that you don't bump around.
Level I Aug '89-Rockwell
Level II Aug '91-Lockheed Engineering
Level II Aug '92-Lockheed Aerospace-Right Stuff Award
Adult ASA Sept '07-Marshall MS
Adult ASA Train With an Astronaut-Oct '15-Discovery-Commander's Cup, Challenger Award, Alumni Coin
Revan
Camper
Camper

Post by Revan »

When I was at twelve day camp in the summer of '10, everyone in my dorm got up thirty minutes before the rest of the hab and showered and whatnot. By the time we were done, everyone else was just getting started.
Space Camp 2005, Team Aldrin.
Space Academy 2008, Team Charon
ASA 2009, Team Von Tiesenhausen
12 Day ASA 2010, Team Liberty Bell