Are the adult programs only offered in August/September?

Going to camp soon? Have questions about camp? Post them here for those that have gone to answer.

Moderator: Vincent

JennyGirl
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Are the adult programs only offered in August/September?

Post by JennyGirl »

Yes, I am a newbie, so I have lots of questions that I'll be asking in the near future...sorry. I am looking to register for the adult program, and I'd much rather do the 6 day, however August/September isn't going to be an easy time to request an entire week off of work. Do they offer the weeklong program at other times during the year? If not, I'll have to register for the 3 day program (disappointing, as I've dreamed of doing the 6 day for years).

I'd appreciate any help.
pilotgirl21
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by pilotgirl21 »

It looks that usually they only offer the 6 day near the end of August or the beginning of September. This is inconvenient for many of us who have ever wished to do the 6 day program, but I guess it's probably the only time of the year they have enough space. All summer the youth camps fill up the hab (where you sleep), so that may be why they can't hold an adult 6-day camp in the summer.
Lisa from Chicago aka White Sox
ASA 7/27-8/1 1997 International Week Gagarin-Pilot
ASA 7/1-7/6 1998 Gagarin-PS
Alumni Adult Weekend 6/14-6/17 2007 Challenger-Commander, Challumbia-Flight Director
monkeynautt
Counselor
Counselor

Post by monkeynautt »

There is sometimes an adult 8 day offered in October as well.
-Laura
ASA:
Aug 2001 - Shepard
Aug 2002 - Shepard
July 2003 - Goddard
Dec 2003/Jan 2004 - Von Braun
May/June 2004 - Enterprise
Alumni SA:
June 2007 - Challenger
July 2009 - Columbia
Counselor:
Summer 2009