Days before camp

Going to camp soon? Have questions about camp? Post them here for those that have gone to answer.

Moderator: Vincent

DanM
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Days before camp

Post by DanM »

what do you do as far as travelling to camp? I'm flying into nashville like last year, gonna see the parthenon, driving into huntsville, going to a minor league game, then spending the night at the hilton garden inn (with NASA TV! :D ), and I don't know. THis is my first time going to camp after seeing a star wars movie. I need to watch some trek before I go. My mom promised to take me to the new pirates movie before camp.
Space Camp July 9-14 2006
Phoenix Bay-Team Armstrong

Space Academy June 17-22 2007
Bay 205-Team Orville

Advanced Space Academy-June 26-July 1 2011
Bay 221-Team Von Braun
pilotgirl21
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by pilotgirl21 »

When I went to camp when I was younger, my mom would drive us to Mississippi to my aunt and uncle's house the day before camp began. It was about a 10 hour drive. My sister and brother would stay with my aunt and uncle while my mom drove me over to camp, which took about another 4 hours. She would drive back and they would stay in MS for the week while I was at camp. Then she would bring my sister and brother (and my cousin one time) to pick me up...and we would make the drive back to MS for one last night. The second time I went to camp, my grandma and our new puppy also joined us on the long ride.

This time, I am flying directly to Huntsville from Chicago. There are only two direct flights a day, one at 7:30am and one at around 5:30pm. The plane just turns around and heads back to Chicago right away. I was thinking about going to a Huntsville Stars game before coming home, but I just don't think I'd make it back to the airport in time. And we have 2 major league teams in Chicago and about 6 minor league teams within an hours drive too.
Lisa from Chicago aka White Sox
ASA 7/27-8/1 1997 International Week Gagarin-Pilot
ASA 7/1-7/6 1998 Gagarin-PS
Alumni Adult Weekend 6/14-6/17 2007 Challenger-Commander, Challumbia-Flight Director
raplie
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Post by raplie »

Ooh, Nashville?

I have lived in Tennessee for 10 years, and I never visited Nashville until last year. The sad thing? I used to live 30 minutes outside city limits before moving east.

Okay, back to ontopic-ness.

Every year, I take the 3 hour drive to Huntsville and arrive way too early. So, we are forced to eat at the Ruby Tuesday (Is that the right restaurant?). The first year (Camp), we watched golf while eating pasta. Ever since, we've done the same thing.

Then I race into the center and claim my bed, meet up with the people I'm going with, and run around the center like a maniac for an hour or so before the 1 o'clock check in time.

And I plan to do the same this year! :P Teehee.