First Time Stories

Going to camp soon? Have questions about camp? Post them here for those that have gone to answer.

Moderator: Vincent

rycho626
Camper
Camper

First Time Stories

Post by rycho626 »

Everyone has a good story from their first time at camp. Mine is a little diferent than others ive heard:

Well when i got to the airport my mom was of course crying and all but lets fast forward to Cinncinnatti--Huntsville. The plane is always small since Huntsville isnt exactly the tourist capital of the world and ive always thought they should just build a runway Feet away from camp but w/e moving on. While we were on the flight we went thru turbulence (alot of it) and did some pretty big drops for flying on a plane. The flight attendant (male) said something very statiky over the microphone and no one heard but the girl next to me (going to camp) said something like OOO there's a flood in the bathroom!!! Then the kid in front og me (also camp) said we were doing an emergency landing in nashville TE. The attendant started yelling "PUT YOUR HEAD BETWEEN YOUR KNEES, HANDS ON YOUR ANCLES!!!" Of course us kids thought this was hilarious (there were 4 others going to camp around us) and were cracking up that we were doing emergencyn procedures because of a flood in a bathroom. I forgot to mention that this is my first time EVER flying alone. The girl next to me was crying she was laughing so hard and the woman next to her was all nervous and breathing very loudly and it was just the funniest thing i ever saw. When we landed i asked the flight attendant again why we did that and he said there was a malfunction with the rudder and the steering capability was losing grip! me, 4 kids going to SA w/ me, one girl going to ASA and one boy, and a young guy going to Adult ASA basically played cards for the next 2 1/2 hours untill they got us a plane. I had missed the whole callsign thing, introductions, and PDA lecture but it was still more fun than all that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ASA August 2006--------Von T
SA August 2005----------Atlas
SA August 2004----------Calypso
SA August 2003----------Deimos
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~