What to bring, What NOT to bring....

Going to camp soon? Have questions about camp? Post them here for those that have gone to answer.

Moderator: Vincent

Was this topic helpful to you?

Poll ended at Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:11 pm

Yes
29%
No
29%
Somewhat
43%

Total votes: 7
rycho626
Camper
Camper

What to bring, What NOT to bring....

Post by rycho626 »

OK there are some things u MUST bring.
By trial and error i have found these things encredibly useful and I don't know waht I'd do without them.

*First, Bring Disposable cameras for outside use so they're easy to handle and, most of the time, you're outside.

*Also you HAVE to bring a normal camera, film or digital, to camp. Of course my first two years i didnt dso this so my whole scrapbook is pictres from outside (note: disposable cameras DO NOT work inside)
heed this warning or you'll end up like me.

*Bring Duct Tape. Even if you don't use it. JSUT BRING IT OK?!?!? you can roll it around a bedpost for no good reason, tape your counselor to a chair, anything.

*The only thing better than pictures are movies so bring a camcorder. THey're SO much fun. Don't bring them iwith you during the day though, just use them for fun in the morning and night.

*Journal. Even if you only write a sentence a day. U'll look back and remember things u would never had remembered w/o one.

*Whatever you do DONT bring expecations because you will try to fufill them the whole time you're there and if the camp isnt what u "expected" it to be then its not as fun. Think of going to space camp as picking up a book you've never seen/heard of before and reading it. No expectations. No desires. Just for fun. That's how space camp was meant to be.

*Food. Bring food JUST BECAUSE they tell you not to. Why else? Oh...yea...to eat it....

*Ok its your first time there right? Don't bring friends. Just don't. It takes away from the experience. If you go there knowing nothing it's more interesting and more of an "adventure" so to speak.

*Ok i know this sounds negative towards space camp. Dont get me wrong space camp is THE BEST PLACE on earth but i have to say this....just dont bring a fake attitude. One kid always tries to act diferent than they do back at home because these kids have no idea what you're like, where your from, anything. IT never works. They try to act what you could call "cool" but everyone knows they're a total tease. Be yourself. You'll be happy with the results.

Well, that's all i got to say. have fun at space camp
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ASA August 2006--------Von T
SA August 2005----------Atlas
SA August 2004----------Calypso
SA August 2003----------Deimos
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Revan
Camper
Camper

Post by Revan »

Brilliant guide. Every word of advice is fantastic.
Space Camp 2005, Team Aldrin.
Space Academy 2008, Team Charon
ASA 2009, Team Von Tiesenhausen
12 Day ASA 2010, Team Liberty Bell