AC Staff Reunion 1996-2004

A place for ACers to come and hang out after a hard day of escape-and-evade or survival training.

Moderator: Vincent

Sandrat
Counselor
Counselor

AC Staff Reunion 1996-2004

Post by Sandrat »

In light of recent events, I think it's about time we schedule an adult weekend for present and former counselors and staff. Have Jerry make slab after slab of ribs and secure the entire compound for the weekend - making sure that everyone behaves accordingly.

Even those of us no longer there carry AC in our hearts, and our support goes out to all of you still there fighting the good fight and doing the impossible with next to nothing.

Spanky - are you up for this?
"You made a fool out of young lieutenants. That's not against Army regulations."

CPT Nathan C. Brittles
US Cavalry
AC_Shrek
Counselor
Counselor

Post by AC_Shrek »

that would cost money. Do you really think Capps would be up for that??? LOL
Former and maybe future AC/SA Counselor
Spanky
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Spanky »

Over the last week I have dealt with alot of emotion. Not only in the loss of a special person but in my love for this place and the people that bring it to life. each year a group of strangers come together and by the end of each season a new family is born.

It is very important to me to see our family maitain contact. It is possible for us to pull this off. Provided we have a plan of attack. Think of all the ideas you would like to see and do. With the right plan and presentation, we could make it happen.
"We only have a short time to live, so it is essential to do things that are worthwhile and to do them now."Lord Baden-Powell

U.S Space Camp - 1982-1988
Aviation Challenge Staff /Program Manager - 1996-2004
Knight 3, Commander 77th TFS 1999-2004
Sandrat
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Sandrat »

Presentation is key, and there's going to have to be a fee paid. Maybe there is a structured scale we can use to offset the typical adult weekend costs / revenue. Spanky - I'm sure we can figure out the last several years of Adult AC revenues and provide us a breakeven point for a particular weekend.

I think if we structure a plan that shows a willingness to pay a fee (and we'll have to put our heads together) and the benefits to the organization - maybe we have the folks from HR provide information to former staff on how to recommend future staff members or something like that. Making the sale to the Big House is fairly easy if we take our time and make a complete plan that especially focuses on facility usage, personnel having to work the weekend from an AC standpoint, and financial overhead.

Any other thoughts?
"You made a fool out of young lieutenants. That's not against Army regulations."

CPT Nathan C. Brittles
US Cavalry
Squid
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Post by Squid »

I think a reunion would be a great idea, and I would be willing to pay a resonable price to come and see everyone aswell as see how the place has changet yet the friendships have remained
Squid