Aviation Challenge Aircraft

A place for ACers to come and hang out after a hard day of escape-and-evade or survival training.

Moderator: Vincent

Spanky
Counselor
Counselor

Aviation Challenge Aircraft

Post by Spanky »

As most of you know, we have been fighting the battle to paint our aircraft at Aviation Challenge. Well the A-7 was repainted late this summer and on NOV 9th the Navy will be here to paint the F-14A in new colors. She will wear the colors of VF-101 and will be pained as a showbird. We will also be repainting our F-4C. This old girl was the first aircraft for AC and she is is dire need of new color. I would like to thank Joker, Rat, and Gordo for their help. Gordo...I will be calling Col. Olds!!!! During the process, I will update you all on the new looks. Just a few key points to remember....WHEN YOUR OUT OF PHANTOMS.....YOU'RE OUT OF FIGHTERS!!!! Also, the KNIGHTS are everywhere!!!!

PHANTOM PHOREVER!!!!

This message is brought to you by the 77TFS....an equal opportunity organization....we give all foes an equal opportunity to die for their country.
"We only have a short time to live, so it is essential to do things that are worthwhile and to do them now."Lord Baden-Powell

U.S Space Camp - 1982-1988
Aviation Challenge Staff /Program Manager - 1996-2004
Knight 3, Commander 77th TFS 1999-2004
gordo
Counselor
Counselor

Post by gordo »

Other than it being about d*mn time, it's about d*mn time. :) Here's a suggestion for colors for the Phantom: http://knightserrant.org/album?id=59 Tiger stripes.

As for visiting Col. Olds. If that really is him, I was serious about driving....

PHABULOUS Phantoms Phorever

One last thing.... Napalm sticks to kids, so make sure you're covered in teflon.
Joker
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Joker »

Let's face it, people.

Everything is better with shark's teeth painted on the front. It's a well-known fact.

One of these days I'm sneaking into the Training Center Floor and putting shark's teeth on Intrepid.

And the Mars ride? Oh, yes, it too will sport a set of angry choppers.

Now if I can convince Doolittle that the Saturn V really really needs a modification up on the CSM area.....then we're in business.

By the way, it's General Olds. Call him Colonel, and things might get ugly.
U.S. Space Camp, May 1985
Aviation Challenge Staff, 1996-1997
"Livin' in fear's just another way of dyin' before your time." -- Drive-By Truckers
Spanky
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Spanky »

BTW....whay are we Junior Campers. I haven't been a junior camper since 1982!!!
"We only have a short time to live, so it is essential to do things that are worthwhile and to do them now."Lord Baden-Powell

Spanky
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Spanky »

Here is the link to see the repainted A-7 Corsair II....thanks to the guys at VFA-83 "The Rampagers"

http://knightserrant.org/album?id=459

Sandrat
Counselor
Counselor

Woohoo!

Post by Sandrat »

All I can say is "WHEW!" to the Air Force Museum to stepping in and preventing a squid-driven paint attack on 838. Spanky, find that guy a mop and tell him to swab the decks or something! While I can't quite bring myself to say Phantoms Phorever, I can say that the brick with wings would look much better painted as an Air Force brick, than a Navy one.

Skyhawks Forever!
"You made a fool out of young lieutenants. That's not against Army regulations."

CPT Nathan C. Brittles
US Cavalry
gordo
Counselor
Counselor

Post by gordo »

Riiiiggghhtt.... and this coming from a man who lusts after a Squid Attack Gnat.

Still, just make sure those swabies paint that well earned star and kill info on the bird.

FWIW, I'm typing up the request letter to send to WP asking for service history of the 868. Chip, get me the info on the other AF birds and I will include those as well. Also planning on including at least one photo of each (if I can track some down).
Counselor: 1996, 1997
Christmas Camp: 1996, 1997, 1998
Got a real life: 1999
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

I always liked the shark faces on aircraft. The F-4 we have in the museum where i work has a shark face on it. As for the colors of the F-4 at AC if it still has the grey color it did in 96 then to me it was always more reminiscent of a navy aircraft anyway except for the markings ofcourse which were clearly air force. Maybe its just because i'm use to seeing pictures of the F-4 from the vietnam war that were flying for the airforce being painted in camoulflage not grey. Thats the way the F-4 we have in the air and space museum where i work is painted along with the shark face mentioned in another post.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
Ace McFly
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Ace McFly »

Greetings and Salutations ( Sports Fans )

Looks like the " ACES " are everywhere ....... what's going on ???

Just wondering ???

Carry On
" Surface Turds happen, it is whether you bury it or not that matters. "
ac-pyro
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

German Phantoms?

Post by ac-pyro »

....I am just glad that Link has not asked for the Phantom to be painted in German colors.
McFly, isn't it past your bed time?
Kevin, Congradulations!
Joker , if Doo is busy, I can help with the Saturn's teeth.

Knight 27, Out
May your landings equal your take-offs.
Smiley
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Smiley »

Hey guys if you get in to a tight spot-"ya just pull the little handle"
You dropped your pocket, your socks are untied, and those are the same clothes you were wearing the day after yesterday. :-)