Mach III 12 Day SOLD OUT!!!

A place for ACers to come and hang out after a hard day of escape-and-evade or survival training.

Moderator: Vincent

Safety
Counselor
Counselor

Mach III 12 Day SOLD OUT!!!

Post by Safety »

Aviation Challenge Mach III 12 Day has been SOLD OUT!!!!

Yes it is true as of Monday Morning Mach III 12 day has been sold out and there are no more spots currently available. This is a fine example of hardcore Mach III trainees coming through on their word, “Bring back 12 day and we will come!” Be on the lookout for more teaser videos that will give you exclusive sneak peeks at what will be the most exciting and realistic Mach III year to date. And for those lucky few who are coming to the 12 day program, be ready because it’s Aviation Challenge… Not Aviation Easy!
Safety
June 1999 - June 2003
2 Weeks AC California Mach II
9 Weeks of AC Mach III
1 - 8 Day Program AC
1 - 12 Day Program AC
Space Camp Hall of Fame - Class of 2008
AC Counselor 2009

Joshua Whitfield
ACluvR
Camper
Camper

Post by ACluvR »

Does that mean they will go back to some of the old ways prior to 2000... Camp just kind of got tame (I can't think of a better term to use without getting rude...) when it took out a lot of the military aspects of Aviation Challenge training... HELLO!!! Fighter pilots are in the military... They are not civilians... Anyways... Hope they change it back to more of the old day style... I miss those days. :)
Stephanie
Bubbles almost everytime
AC ROCKS!!!

AC:06/99, 07/00, 12/00, 07/01, 12/01, 12/02: Counselors were Moondoggie, Krispy, Ace, Sparky, Montano, Pyro, Lurch, Bean:) I also miss Ballistic, Grunt, Doolittle
gt0163c
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by gt0163c »

ACluvR wrote:Does that mean they will go back to some of the old ways prior to 2000... Camp just kind of got tame (I can't think of a better term to use without getting rude...) when it took out a lot of the military aspects of Aviation Challenge training... HELLO!!! Fighter pilots are in the military... They are not civilians... Anyways... Hope they change it back to more of the old day style... I miss those days. :)
While I'm unfamiliar with AC, I know that the space side has changed since 2000ish as well. The program became much less academic, the EDM was shortened from 12 hours to 6 hours, shorter missions from 2 to 1 hour and, overall, I think the program suffers. I would prefer a camp experience similar to back in the Level I, Level II days the next time I go. But times change and so do the programs and it's still an amazing experience all the way around.
Level I Aug '89-Rockwell
Level II Aug '91-Lockheed Engineering
Level II Aug '92-Lockheed Aerospace-Right Stuff Award
Adult ASA Sept '07-Marshall MS
Adult ASA Train With an Astronaut-Oct '15-Discovery-Commander's Cup, Challenger Award, Alumni Coin
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

I worked at AC summer 07 though not a mach 3 counselor just from what i saw the 12 day program is very military. I went to Ac in 96 when things were very militarystill and the 12 day program is definately for thse looking for that kind of experience. I don't know what this years session has in store but if its anything like the 07 sessions then it is for the tuly hardcore. Sorry i will not say details of the 07 sessions because believe me when i say suprise was half the fun. Just expect the unexpected and be ready for anything for thise who go. You don't want to know what all will happen Just think of it and aamped up Aviation challenge that will suprise you and give you new experiences you didnt have in the regular weeklong programs.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
Spyder
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Spyder »

This is fantastic news! I was lucky enough to get to go to 12-day in 2007 and even though I was too old to go back, I was sad to see the program go. This is great news for campers and the future of Aviation Challenge!
MACH II - 03 Hook/Jinx - Eagles(Anime) - Week 38 Right Stuff · MACH III - 04 Okra/Jinx - Blacklions(Snort) · MACH III - 05 Clips/Fish - Blacklions(Spyder) · MACH III - 06 Shaggy - Pukin Dogs(Stargate) · MACH III Elite - 07 Hawg/Forecast - Vigilanties(Spyder)
Aviation Challenge Crew Trainer 2010-2011 - Starbuck
arjames21
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Post by arjames21 »

Im one of those lucky few, and would like to know if there will be any further information regarding the curriculum of the camp. If there is any chance anything further can be added to the program, talking to a few of my friends through the AC pipeline, we'd definitely like to see some interrogation's or something like that. Also is there a chance we can know who's on the list for the program, I have personally lost touch with some of my friends from years past and would love to see if they were coming again, most of these people including myself were instrumental in petitioning for the return of the 12 day
Have a good 'n

Andrew James (Boots) Mach II 8 day 2006, and 2007 and mach III 3 2008 flight commander lynx
Safety
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Safety »

The 12 Day Program Development is well underway and is being kept highly classified.

I assure you there are going to be many exciting additions to the 12 day program. It will be like no other AC program before it. There will be similarities to other 12 day AC experiences but there will also be unprecidented additions as well.

There is a Plan, it is being Executed....

We are excited about it at AC... and we intend it to be the most challenging camp AC has ever seen. This is quite literally for the best of the best.

We are working on a second teaser video and are looking to release it soon....

The delay in release is due to final decisions being made by AC management on minor details and adjustments for the Ciriculum. As soon as the final.... fine tuning is complete we will adjust the teaser accordingly and release it at a time of our chooseing.

I wish I could be of more help to your curiosity.....
I hope I have satisfied your concerns about the level this 12 day will be at.

Respectfully,
Safety
June 1999 - June 2003
2 Weeks AC California Mach II
9 Weeks of AC Mach III
1 - 8 Day Program AC
1 - 12 Day Program AC
Space Camp Hall of Fame - Class of 2008
AC Counselor 2009

Joshua Whitfield
arjames21
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Post by arjames21 »

Thank you Sgt. Hooah
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

It looks like they may be opening more slots for the Mach III 12-day camp next year. If you are still interested, it may not be too late.
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017