Aviation Challenge... The Only 12 Day Program

A place for ACers to come and hang out after a hard day of escape-and-evade or survival training.

Moderator: Vincent

Red Bull
Counselor
Counselor

Aviation Challenge... The Only 12 Day Program

Post by Red Bull »

The Aviation Challenge Mach III 12 Program is back! We present to you Aviation Challenge’s 12 Day program like it has never been seen before. More aviation, more missions, more knowledge and the most realistic scenario ever devised await you this year at camp. Mach III 12 day is only for the dedicated and serious camper. In the 12 Day program you will need leadership, grit, motivation and teamwork. Your skills as an aviator will be tested, and your endurance will be challenged during our survival training. This year’s Mach III 12 day will give you an experience of a lifetime and shatter any expectations you may have. This program is not for the faint of heart. Your decisions as a team will mean the difference between victory and defeat. Can you call yourself the best of the best? Not unless you show the “Right Stuff” while completing Mach III -12 day. Do you have what it takes?

*** Note you should recieve a note via e-mail before camp opens up registration officially***

-- Mach III 2009 Preview --
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRuDPYIDgbE

Big thanks to Space Camp Hall of Famer... Josh Whitfield "Safety"
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

We need an adult 12 day or atleast week long AC program. Having seen last years 12 day program in action. I can only imagine what you guys have dreamed up this year. If you are hard core AC and can do this program do it guys.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
Conan
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Adult 12-day

Post by Conan »

I agree that we definitely need a Mach III program for adults. Preferably a 12 day program at least once a year, but a 7 day program would be better than just having the 3 day program. I put this on my evaluation the last couple of times that I attended the 3-day program and I hope someone there will eventually listen.
Conan
1988-Adult Lev. I
1994-Parent/Child
1996-Adult Lev. II
1997-Adult AC
1998-P/C
1999-Pilot/Copilot
2000-P/C FL
2000-Adv. Adult Acad
2001-Adult AC
2004-Pilot/Copilot,
2007-Adult Alum.Reunion
2009-P/C
2014 - Adult 4-Day
2015 - Advance Adult Academy
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

Probably the only reason (beyond other travel plans and limited funds) I haven't done AC is due to the lack of a 7-day adult programme. I would have done it in 2004 if it was available. It isn't worth the plane ticket from way up here to go to Huntsville for three days.
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
Vincent
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Vincent »

So when you say the only twelve day, you mean to say that there's only going to be one 12-day session for the Summer, yes?

Otherwise, are you saying that Space Camp won't also have a 12-Day ASA session? Seems odd...
Red Bull
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Red Bull »

I guess that was unclear... I am saying that Mach III will be the only program offering a 12-Day experience in 2009. The Aviation Challenge Alumni organized very well and push for change! Currently AA is not planning on having a 12-Day offering. If you want to participate in a 12-day program in Huntsville in 2009 it will need to be of the aviation variety.
Wiener
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Post by Wiener »

To be honest, I would love to see a 12-Day Adult Programm with Aviation Challenge. Allthough I am flying allmost every day of my life now, i would love to come back and get my handy on one of the simulators again, flying a well structured campaign with a whole lot of variables in evrey mission, hopefully with some people who know their way arround a cockpit as well.

You guys manage to get one at the right time, i will be there, having lots of fun!
Always remember, the localizer ist NOT a windshieldwiper.

X-mas Camp '00-'01

Top Gun Award

Right Stuff Award

Leader Black Panthers
Spyder
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Spyder »

im so jealous that im too old to be a trainee.
MACH II - 03 Hook/Jinx - Eagles(Anime) - Week 38 Right Stuff · MACH III - 04 Okra/Jinx - Blacklions(Snort) · MACH III - 05 Clips/Fish - Blacklions(Spyder) · MACH III - 06 Shaggy - Pukin Dogs(Stargate) · MACH III Elite - 07 Hawg/Forecast - Vigilanties(Spyder)
Aviation Challenge Crew Trainer 2010-2011 - Starbuck
street
Counselor
Counselor

Post by street »

There is an Adult AC, but it's only 3 day, as there seems to be no interest in a 6 day, much less 12.

If we could round up enough interest in a week long AC camp my husband would be right there with you. He loves the 3 day program and would be in heaven for a weeklong.
Living the dream