Mach III 13 day

A place for ACers to come and hang out after a hard day of escape-and-evade or survival training.

Moderator: Vincent

Boeing
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Mach III 13 day

Post by Boeing »

Hi, I have been to AC three years so far,(machI,MachII, and MachII 8 day) I just want to know what kind of things do you do in the Mach III 13 day program? I am going over July 4th. Thanks ahead of time. :D
Spyder
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Spyder »

thats a godo question boeing, ill be there for the 13 day program right before you, and id like to know the same thing, but no one will tell us. I do know that it will be a mindblowing experience, its going to be very different from a Mach II Program. Ive been told by a very reliable source, that the program this summer is going to blow us all away, and thats on a comparison of Mach III Programs, so we're in for a real treat!
MACH II - 03 Hook/Jinx - Eagles(Anime) - Week 38 Right Stuff · MACH III - 04 Okra/Jinx - Blacklions(Snort) · MACH III - 05 Clips/Fish - Blacklions(Spyder) · MACH III - 06 Shaggy - Pukin Dogs(Stargate) · MACH III Elite - 07 Hawg/Forecast - Vigilanties(Spyder)
Aviation Challenge Crew Trainer 2010-2011 - Starbuck
monkeynautt
Counselor
Counselor

Post by monkeynautt »

I don't think anyone here has gone to the 13 day AC. I know people who have gone to 13 day ASA and had an amazing time so I'm sure AC will be great. Part of the fun is not knowing what will happen. When I went to 8 day ASA in 2004, they wanted us to keep the missions secret so the other weeks could have an element of surprise.
-Laura
ASA:
Aug 2001 - Shepard
Aug 2002 - Shepard
July 2003 - Goddard
Dec 2003/Jan 2004 - Von Braun
May/June 2004 - Enterprise
Alumni SA:
June 2007 - Challenger
July 2009 - Columbia
Counselor:
Summer 2009
Robotics Counselor:
Summer 2010
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

Even at that, when people told me about the 8-day camp it had changed by the time I went to the 8-day camp! If it is anything like ASA, the longer camp will include elements from the basic camp with loads more time in the sims, more challenging missions, extra briefings, more activities, and a whole lot more fun.

I loved 8-day camp... I will return... eventually...
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
Boeing
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Post by Boeing »

Im sorry but i have another question. How do they choose pilot and RIOs in mach III?
Check six.....plop down.....lean back
Spyder
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Spyder »

this I CAN answer! Pilots/RIO's are simply chosen by who is more comfortable in the seat. At the beginning of the session, everyone will have a chance to fly both Pilot and RIO. You'll probably be flying with whomever is your best friend at camp, even if you're going alone, you'll meet someone to fly with. this will be my fifth summer at AC, and fourth and final as a Mach III, I've always been a RIO, and thats just fine by me. If your more comfortable with trying to manuever an fly, and lets admit it, we all want to, then go for it as a Pilot, but sometimes its just as much fun to sit in the back and actually run the show as the RIO, supervising your weapons payload, fuel, radar, navigation, etc.
MACH II - 03 Hook/Jinx - Eagles(Anime) - Week 38 Right Stuff · MACH III - 04 Okra/Jinx - Blacklions(Snort) · MACH III - 05 Clips/Fish - Blacklions(Spyder) · MACH III - 06 Shaggy - Pukin Dogs(Stargate) · MACH III Elite - 07 Hawg/Forecast - Vigilanties(Spyder)
Aviation Challenge Crew Trainer 2010-2011 - Starbuck
Boeing
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Post by Boeing »

Thanks, like i said i am going mach III 13 day over the 4th is anyone else going then?
Check six.....plop down.....lean back
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Cant say that i'm going but always enjoyed space camp over the 4th of July. Spent my AC trip and ASA trip there on the 4th.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador