Aviation Challenge Anniversary?

A place for ACers to come and hang out after a hard day of escape-and-evade or survival training.

Moderator: Vincent

Spyder
Counselor
Counselor

Aviation Challenge Anniversary?

Post by Spyder »

So umm, do we get to celebrate a Aviation Challenge Anniversary at some point in time or is that only reserved for Space camp? Or do we just need to wait for the Bicentinneal of flight?
MACH II - 03 Hook/Jinx - Eagles(Anime) - Week 38 Right Stuff · MACH III - 04 Okra/Jinx - Blacklions(Snort) · MACH III - 05 Clips/Fish - Blacklions(Spyder) · MACH III - 06 Shaggy - Pukin Dogs(Stargate) · MACH III Elite - 07 Hawg/Forecast - Vigilanties(Spyder)
Aviation Challenge Crew Trainer 2010-2011 - Starbuck
Sandrat
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Sandrat »

AC started in 1990, so it's technically going to be 17 this year. As to whether or not there will be an anniversary, I can't say. It would be nice, but I have my own personal doubts about it.
"You made a fool out of young lieutenants. That's not against Army regulations."

CPT Nathan C. Brittles
US Cavalry
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

Did they do anything in 2000 to celebrate the 10th anniversary of AC?

AC deserves just as much respect as SC. (Some of you say it deserves more, but I cannot say that since I have never been to AC and cannot compare the two.)
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
Sandrat
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Sandrat »

There was no fanfare for AC's tenth anniversary.
"You made a fool out of young lieutenants. That's not against Army regulations."

CPT Nathan C. Brittles
US Cavalry
Spyder
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Spyder »

Go figure, lavish all the love on the Speenies. The only half way celebration I remember was the 100th Anniversary of flight, but I mean, SC probably celebrated that as much if not more than we did.

LAME, I call for a 17th Anniversary celebration this year

Yes, see Space Camp, this is me frowning at you.

Sandrat, why does no one love us?!?! :cry:
MACH II - 03 Hook/Jinx - Eagles(Anime) - Week 38 Right Stuff · MACH III - 04 Okra/Jinx - Blacklions(Snort) · MACH III - 05 Clips/Fish - Blacklions(Spyder) · MACH III - 06 Shaggy - Pukin Dogs(Stargate) · MACH III Elite - 07 Hawg/Forecast - Vigilanties(Spyder)
Sandrat
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Sandrat »

I don't think it's a matter of love, especially now that the programs are tied so much together. Whether it be a matter of respect, or some shyness about the original intent of the subject matter with a nation that's been at war for several years now, I can't say.

AC is a special place for those of us that have been there, and nothing will change that.

CPT Nathan C. Brittles
US Cavalry
Safety
Counselor
Counselor

Thas Right!

Post by Safety »

Sandrat wrote:AC is a special place for those of us that have been there, and nothing will change that.
Not to bring alive a dead topic but.....

That's Freeken Right! :x
Safety
June 1999 - June 2003
2 Weeks AC California Mach II
9 Weeks of AC Mach III
1 - 8 Day Program AC
1 - 12 Day Program AC
Space Camp Hall of Fame - Class of 2008
AC Counselor 2009

Joshua Whitfield
Spyder
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Spyder »

Amen to that