this christmas camp 06-07!!!

A place for ACers to come and hang out after a hard day of escape-and-evade or survival training.

Moderator: Vincent

SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

In the meantime, would you mind sharing stories from the week? :D
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

ummm... well, they no longer have e&e... we do something called blitzkrieg with the mach IIs... I didn't like it as much, but thats just my opinion...

haha.. and my team def. waded through the creek/river like, four times over the course of the week... the bridge over the creek was out, but it was fun even though it was POURING rain during patroling and blitzkrieg
jagsvolleyball14
Camper
Camper

stories

Post by jagsvolleyball14 »

yea i agree blitzkreig isnt much fun...ok so story time...liz jump in if i miss any details

...lets start at umm before camp even started.. yea so we already had this clique..lol..it sounds really bad but we did and there were basically 2 cliques our clique and then the newbies clique... we had a full team of 16... ok so ill start the first day at call signs...my call sign was k.o. kinda ironic considering what happend on the last day during seal ops...but i got it bc i fainted xmas eve and got a scrach on my face... but yea everyone got thier call sign and this one kid call sign big red was really like blunt and hated pretty much everything we did... he was always cussing for no reason and j wouldnt take any of it...ok switching to the end of the week we whad gottena breifing b4 dinn for the normall mission i guess iv done it b4...but w/e..so after dinn paul gave us this spur of the moment mission so yea we statred at rocket launch area and we had to go around teh lake then get to the gate behind the survival trailer...so we got to the back side of the new area 51 and we found out that someone was taken as a POW and well we couldnt really do anything about it ...anyway adam the PL we like go to that tree and set up a perimiter so the first part of the line went and all they did was run along the fence...so i got up there hand he was like go to the tree but get the rest of the group and tell them to follow you but keep your spacing...so i did that but i guess the message didnt get across to them and they j like ran behind me in this big group...haha... and not to mention that area was all mud my feet were literally like 10 lbs each...yea so the tree was roughly half way between area 51 and the woods on the back side of the lake...yea so the next step was to go over to the woods...yea we all got over there and set up a perimiter and then bambi like collapsed on the ground next to me ...i look at him and said "work out in a while?"...he said "no i need to tho"...lol...so red was taken away from the group in the beginning to be a guard so we get around the lake and me and liz were assigned to go take red out and normally if we get noticed be a counsler and drop down and lay still the counsler will ignore us and go back to his guarding but red like left his post and walked wayyy off his post j to capture us... so we got captured and walked over and sat at the picnic table(all this was in the boyscouting area) so the teamhad to save us and as red was walking back to post someone ran up behind him and took him out but like 3 seconded later he "ressurected" and was j walking around...haha... but at the gate behind the trailer was where we were suposed to split into 3 groups 1 goes to the POW site, 1 to the radar truck, and one to the office train to retreive a war head...so red walked over and sat next to the trailer and bambi was like kill him again and take his shoe strings.. we walked up to him i killed red and he was like "WTF im already dead dont ****** do that again" we did tho and bambi was like we dont need that language and you were supposed to drop dead wayyy over there"..red was silent then we took him shoe strings and red was like " why the **** are you doin that dont ****** touch me ar my stuff" but bambi was like its o.k. they r supposed to be doing that...red j aid back and he prolly fell asleep (he did that alot that week) ...and so yea i was in the POW group and like liz said the bridge was out and it was raining the day b4 so the river was up but like 2ft from the day b4 and not to mention is was freezing!..yea so we r walking over to the creek and this kool kid callsign rookie but we unoffically changed it to california said wat am i supposed to do with this now?(showing me his shoestring)... my shoe is about to fall off??!!...haha i was like y did u take it off??... he was like bambi said so!"..haha but bambi started laughing and you kcould tell he was joking when he said that so cali was mad but i said to him i had to make that sacrafice last year...haha now its your turn... is so yea we had to cross the creek and we got to the pow camp and bambi was like "i wonder y the tiki torches arnt lit?" she got up to the door and he was like "and i wonder y there isnt a fire?"... so finally he was like "HELLO??!!!" and noone answered...so he wips out his cell phone(which was like strike #98347928) trying to call paul to find out where he is bc he was the POW gaurd... and yea he was under the tower by the lake..so we didnt even patrol back we j walked...haha..and we had to cross the river again so we casually walked over to the aardvark(sp) and j stood behind it and me and liz were goin to try and go around across the bridge between the lakes but as we r running we r like holding hand and i look at liz and say "y the hack r we holding hands??""...lol..and we bust out laughiung but come to find out the gate was locked and so we ran back to the aardvark and during that time bambi told us he sent cali over to try and take out paul but bambi was liek he dissappeared and magellan j ran right through the (empty) lake and got caught...so me or liz had never ever been a POW so bambi was like u wanna b one?...we were like schya!..so we ran across the lake too..while bambi and becky hung out at the aardvark..lol... but like 5 mins later cali comes up and takes out the guard..loll.. he had run allthe way around hab3 to kill paul...it worked bc it was a total suprise attack...lol.. ok so the warhead was retrieven and the radar truck was blown up so now all we had to do was get to bravo gate(the ac entrance) and this is where it goes down hill...for me at least...) we r up by the office and we patrol along the side of the hab around the BDU building and adam the PL sends us to set up a perimeter under the tomcat.. and yea the ppl who hadnt been there b4 dident kno much abut patrolling so they all went first and they were everywhere a few under the f16 and like 1 but the gate and everywhere else...so adam tell me to get everyone and set up a permiter under the tomcat so i run down the hill and tell this one kid i dont even kno who it was to follow me and bam...i run into the f16s horziontal stabalizer chipped my teeth, busted my lips, and i have this huge scrach across the left side of my face, and yea i ono if they even finished the mission...it was basically over anyway...but yea ther are alot more and i am fine physically but my teeth are semi fixed they still are chipped tho...and on top of that i had to get my wisdom teeth pulled today...so yea liz wil prolly add a few things...

i g2g but more stories later!
SC-01;counsler-Katie
SA-03;counsler-Katie&Scooby
SA-04;counsler-dusty&?

AC machII eagles
-xmas-04;counslers-Sparky&Stumps

AC machIII blacklions
-xmas-05;counslers-Pooky&RG
-xmas-06;counslers-Bambi&Shaggy
-xmas-07;counslers-Opie&Snapper
MAYTAG
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by MAYTAG »

every ac team i ever had was usually 12-4 guys to girls
ΣX IΓ 229

Mach II-July 6-12, 2002
ASA-July 5-11, 2003
Mach III- July 12-18, 2003
Mach III- July 3-9, 2004 Gunslingers (Callsign:Tiny)
ASA- July 10-16 Oberth
tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

hmmm... I guess that I have just always been on some odd teams...
tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

I just posted some of the pics from camp... I say some, because all together I'm sure I have over 200 pics, I only have time to post the first hundred or so now...

Take a peak and let me know what you think :D

http://spacecamp.ibnerd.net/main.php?g2_itemId=11173
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

Thanks for posting the pictures from Christmas camp. There are some good ones in there!
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
Spyder
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Spyder »

The story with the Clashing of the falcon still makes me laugh, even though we all know you were running from Sgt. Maj. Dont even try to lie about it
MACH II - 03 Hook/Jinx - Eagles(Anime) - Week 38 Right Stuff · MACH III - 04 Okra/Jinx - Blacklions(Snort) · MACH III - 05 Clips/Fish - Blacklions(Spyder) · MACH III - 06 Shaggy - Pukin Dogs(Stargate) · MACH III Elite - 07 Hawg/Forecast - Vigilanties(Spyder)
Aviation Challenge Crew Trainer 2010-2011 - Starbuck
tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

I saw him while I was there... he didn't do the survival briefings tough, he was only visiting... I was so sad when I heard he retired :(
jagsvolleyball14
Camper
Camper

man u got me...gosh...lol...
SC-01;counsler-Katie
SA-04;counsler-dusty&?

AC machII eagles

AC machIII blacklions
airbag
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Post by airbag »

This is becky, i was at mach III for xmas camp, oh yeah and I'm liz's lil sis. After our fabulous time at xmas camp..i am really excited to go back this summer for 13 day!
Mach III Xmas Camp 2006-07
tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

Becky! yay! My super awsome WSO/little sister! I got you hooked on AC too!

My work here is finished!
Spyder
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Spyder »

Airbag.. I assume that was your callsign? Its a good one, I would be curious to know the story behind that
MACH II - 03 Hook/Jinx - Eagles(Anime) - Week 38 Right Stuff · MACH III - 04 Okra/Jinx - Blacklions(Snort) · MACH III - 05 Clips/Fish - Blacklions(Spyder) · MACH III - 06 Shaggy - Pukin Dogs(Stargate) · MACH III Elite - 07 Hawg/Forecast - Vigilanties(Spyder)
tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

she likes to ruin cars, basically
Spyder
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Spyder »

sounds like as good a reason as any to me!
jagsvolleyball14
Camper
Camper

k so here is another story... sorry for the long delay my life has been kinda crazyy and well iv been waiting for this to be emailed to me for a while... so here it goes... this one is an absolute CLASSIC!!!

By: Adam

Ok so we get back from the new years eve party the we, the guys, went to our room. Thats where most of this story takes place, and keep in mind that this story revolves around Big Red...ok so we get back and are all in our room and like he did everyday, big red went right to sleep... just like we wanted him to :)...Ok so big red was out like a light and the Nathan, Skylar and I came up with a plan... so 12:30Am rolls around and we go and fix all the showers to FREEZING cold. Then at 1am we wake Red up and tell him to hurry up that they have to be down staris in 30 mins, packed and all...he gets up and does his routine: take a shower...he took a bitter cold one...he gets back to the room and asks us if we also took cold showers. We all gave him a puzzled look and I replied "no, we all had nice warm ones." Now, mind you all of the rest of us are stil in our bunks...Red then asks "Wat ya'll doin?" Nathan says oh yeh we forgot to tell u, while u were in the shower the counselor came by and told us he got us up an hour early and that we were to go bak to bed for a bit. Red decides he's still tired so he goes and lays back down, and falls asleep...again. After he falls asleep we return to the showers and return them to normal so the speenies and AC'ers didn't have to take a cold one.

...Ok so ACTUAL wake up time comes around and we again wake Red up. We then tell him, again, that he better hurry cause he only has like 30mins to shower, pack and get downstairs. He looks puzzled and says "but i already took one...like 10mins ago..." I turn around, raise an eyebrown in question and assure him that he never took a shower. Neither yesterday or this morning. So he goes and takes ANOTHER shower! It was amazing. So big red was EXTRA clean for graduation!....haha.

...on a bit of a side note... the hab #1 got new showers installed and they are either the perfect temp or freezing... so yea and you can set them to either or... obviously its kinda hard to explain... i guess ull just have to experience it....lol
SC-01;counsler-Katie
SA-04;counsler-dusty&?

AC machII eagles

AC machIII blacklions
tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

haha! That was SO funny!
Mach III winter '03- Top Gun Award
Mach III spring '04- Top Gun Award
Mach III winter '04- Top Gun Award
Mach III spring '05- Top Gun Award
ASA winter '06
Mach III summer '06
Mach III winter '06- Top Gun Award
jagsvolleyball14
Camper
Camper

christmas 07-08!

well its that time again.... in 8 short days ill be heading down to the HSV to attemd my last session as a camper... :( kind of sad now that im thinking about it but i know that i will have tonssss of fun... 3 of my former teammates are returning with me also, so it should be pretty intresting...lol... ill keep yall posted...
SC-01;counsler-Katie
SA-04;counsler-dusty&?

AC machII eagles

AC machIII blacklions
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Well i hope you have a blast. If this summer was any indication of how great christmas Camp will be at AC you should have a blast. We tried some new stuff this summer at AC and everyone seemed to love it. Unfortunately looks like i wont be back this year but i look forward to hearing everyones stories. Also don't be suprised to see alot of new faces at Ac and some old ones still too. This past summer had a lot of new Ac counselors and many of the old ones who were there have now left as well.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
jagsvolleyball14
Camper
Camper

xmas 07-08

haha thanks... yeah they eperimented on us as well last year bc they were changing up the e&E and sar missions and they took our input on some of the new sim stuff also... so we will see what you all took to heart...lol... but im sure what ever they decided is great... and yeah iv talked with ruth a little bit... looks like a team of 11 or 13 i kno a couple that are still in the works on getting there...lol... even tho its a bit late...haha we will seee!... one week!
SC-01;counsler-Katie
SA-04;counsler-dusty&?

AC machII eagles

AC machIII blacklions