New flight sim

A place for ACers to come and hang out after a hard day of escape-and-evade or survival training.

Moderator: Vincent

Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

New flight sim

Post by Boomerang »

The museum where i work just got in a new motion based flight simulator. Granted most of the motion based stuff you see in museums is pretty lame you have no control and you're along for the ride. This one is diffrent. This uis a two seat side by side enclosed cabin. there is ofcourse a screen in front to show the flight however this one you get to control yourself. Ok thats better than most but what makes this one great if you use the control stick to roll the plane the cockp-it rolls and i dont mean just to the side it will roll all the way around if you make it do so. You use the stick to do a loop it will again go all the way around . It is a fighter pilot sim specificly an Fa-18the combat stuff is way over simplified but willn work for the general public the coolest part of the sim is your control over it and the fact it will actually invert fully if you tell it to do so. I met the designer when they installed it and it was designed by a former air force pilot. Now if we could just combine AC software with a sime that could do that.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador