Red Dawn Redux

A place for ACers to come and hang out after a hard day of escape-and-evade or survival training.

Moderator: Vincent

Spanky
Counselor
Counselor

Red Dawn Redux

Post by Spanky »

OK...we always joked what it owuld be like if AC was fully staffed with counselors and kids and a Red Dawn tyoe scenario cam down.....here is one of the conversations heard.....

All right. Four planes. Space Camp bunker, Astrotrek bunker. munitions dump, troop tents. Four machine gun bunkers. Back here by the Space Dots are your political prisoners. We'll cause a diversion over here... cut holes in the wire here, fire on all these machine gun positions. The B-Group comes across this area in a flanking maneuver... and when you reach this bunker, you lay down grazing fire on this defilade. I think that's pretty simple. Anybody got any questions so far?

Tree Frog: What's a "flank?"
Padre: What's a "defilade?"
Yoda: What's "grazing fire?"
SGM: [out loud, to himself] I need a drink.
"We only have a short time to live, so it is essential to do things that are worthwhile and to do them now."Lord Baden-Powell

U.S Space Camp - 1982-1988
Aviation Challenge Staff /Program Manager - 1996-2004
Knight 3, Commander 77th TFS 1999-2004
Sandrat
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Sandrat »

I remember this discussion.

Wasn't it Link's idea?
"You made a fool out of young lieutenants. That's not against Army regulations."

CPT Nathan C. Brittles
US Cavalry
Spanky
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Spanky »

Can't remember...I think it was Joker's. We had this discussion in 1996...Link did not show up until 1997.
"We only have a short time to live, so it is essential to do things that are worthwhile and to do them now."Lord Baden-Powell

Spanky
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Spanky »

How did you get shot down, Spanky?

It was five to one. I got four.

Spanky
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Spanky »

It's 11:59 on Radio Free AC; this is Uncle Jerry, with music, and the truth until dawn. Right now I've got a few words for some of our brothers and sisters in the occupied zone: "the chair is against the wall, the chair is against the wall", "john has a long mustache, john has a long mustache". It's twelve o'clock, AC, another day closer to victory. And for all of you out there, on, or behind the line, this is your song.

Sandrat
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Sandrat »

"Nowhere to Run To by Martha and the Vandellas.....YES!"
"You made a fool out of young lieutenants. That's not against Army regulations."

CPT Nathan C. Brittles
US Cavalry
Spanky
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Spanky »

Goooooooood morning, AC! Hey, this is not a test! This is rock and roll! Time to rock it from the Hound Dog to the A-7.!

Spanky
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Spanky »

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

Sandrat
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Sandrat »

What not to say to the SGM:

Pointing to his rank - "What do three up and three down mean to you?"

Counselor.."End of an inning?"

CPT Nathan C. Brittles
US Cavalry