Sandrat's favoriate jodie

A place for ACers to come and hang out after a hard day of escape-and-evade or survival training.

Moderator: Vincent

Sandrat
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Sandrat »

As far as I know, it's a military tradition dating back to around the time of the American Civil War when the song, and the jodie I quoted is said to have originated. The John Ford movie came out in 1949.

The practice of tying yellow ribbons around trees to show loyalty to family, support for deployed troops, etc., is said to have started around the same time as the song "Tie A Yellow Ribbon 'Round The Old Oak Tree" came out in 1973.

As for the Army, every branch has a color associated to it - Armor and Cavalry have always been associated with yellow in the modern Army. And we cav troopers are quite fond of it.
"You made a fool out of young lieutenants. That's not against Army regulations."

CPT Nathan C. Brittles
US Cavalry
Spanky
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Spanky »

OK...here is a question for you Rat.

What is up eith the USA and their uniforms. I have seen digies as well as regular BDU. In both woodland and desert schemes. However, I just saw a MAJOR....MAJOR mind you, wearing WOODLAND BDUs with DESERT boots. Is it just me or did we miss another briefing????
"We only have a short time to live, so it is essential to do things that are worthwhile and to do them now."Lord Baden-Powell

U.S Space Camp - 1982-1988
Aviation Challenge Staff /Program Manager - 1996-2004
Knight 3, Commander 77th TFS 1999-2004
Sandrat
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Sandrat »

Where they woodland BDUs or that new computer-designed BDU? With the new Advanced uniform, desert boots are the only authorized boots.

Believe me, the whole Army uniform thing is out of control.

Every unit I go to, I have to get the commander's approval to wear tanker boots now according to regulations.

You know me, though. They'll pry 'em off my cold dead feet.
"You made a fool out of young lieutenants. That's not against Army regulations."

CPT Nathan C. Brittles
US Cavalry
Spanky
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Spanky »

This moron was wearing the OLD BDU (woodland) with the new desert boots!!
"We only have a short time to live, so it is essential to do things that are worthwhile and to do them now."Lord Baden-Powell

U.S Space Camp - 1982-1988
Aviation Challenge Staff /Program Manager - 1996-2004
Knight 3, Commander 77th TFS 1999-2004
Sandrat
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Sandrat »

(shaking my head)

That's what I love about working at CMOC - I get to wear a crew bag (nomex flightsuit).

CPT Nathan C. Brittles
US Cavalry