Wow

A place for ACers to come and hang out after a hard day of escape-and-evade or survival training.

Moderator: Vincent

Hawke
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Wow

Post by Hawke »

I just found this website. What a trip down memory lane!

I attended AC each summer from '94 to '97. I had such humiliating call signs as "woody", "catwalk", and "boo", but most people there knew me by the name "Hawke" (thanks, Spanky!)

I have so many memories from AC, and names keep rushing through my head: Spanky, Doolittle, Hoser, Grunt, Terminator, Aunt Bee... I just wanted to send out a big thanks to any counselors here on the forum. Thanks to you guys I had experiences that will last a lifetime.

Hey Spanky! I've been reading through Iron Gump, but I have yet to read anything about Estes Rockets being used as weapons against AC... :lol:

Anybody have any good photos/pics of AC these days hosted online anywhere? I'm curious as to what the place looks like these days.
Beginner (Mach 2) - Summer '94 - Eagles
Intermediate (Mach 3) - Summer '95 - Griffins
Intermediate (Mach 3) - Summer '96 - Pukin' Dogs
Intermediate (Mach 3) - Summer '97 - Grim Reapers
Deimos
Camper
Camper

Re: Wow

Post by Deimos »

Hawke wrote:I just found this website. What a trip down memory lane!

I attended AC each summer from '94 to '97. I had such humiliating call signs as "woody", "catwalk", and "boo", but most people there knew me by the name "Hawke" (thanks, Spanky!)

I have so many memories from AC, and names keep rushing through my head: Spanky, Doolittle, Hoser, Grunt, Terminator, Aunt Bee... I just wanted to send out a big thanks to any counselors here on the forum. Thanks to you guys I had experiences that will last a lifetime.

Hey Spanky! I've been reading through Iron Gump, but I have yet to read anything about Estes Rockets being used as weapons against AC... :lol:

Anybody have any good photos/pics of AC these days hosted online anywhere? I'm curious as to what the place looks like these days.

Here's pictures : http://www.hab1.com/HabPhotos/AviationChallenge

Or you can just go to the main page, and click on hab photos then aviation challenge :D
Space Academy
Week 40- Deimos June 26-July 1st 2005
Advanced Space Academy
Week 42- Von Tiesenhausen July 2-7 2006
Week 41- Von Tiesenhausen July 1-6 2007
Week 40 - Goddard June 27- July 4th 2008
Adult Space Academy
October 10-13th 2014 Team Discovery
Sandrat
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Sandrat »

[quote="Hawke"]

quote]

Ask and you shall receive. Give us a day or two to piece together how the incident you are talking about happened. There were several over the years, but I think I remember what you're talking about.
"You made a fool out of young lieutenants. That's not against Army regulations."

CPT Nathan C. Brittles
US Cavalry
Deimos
Camper
Camper

Post by Deimos »

What? The estes rockets being used as weapons against AC?? What are you talking about lol?
Space Academy
Advanced Space Academy
Adult Space Academy
Hawke
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Post by Hawke »

Sandrat wrote:
Ask and you shall receive. Give us a day or two to piece together how the incident you are talking about happened. There were several over the years, but I think I remember what you're talking about.
:) If you have any questions as to the details of the story, feel free to PM me. I've told the story so many times in the last 10 years, it's like it happened yesterday. =P
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Here are some more AC pics this time from July 96 http://spacecamp.ibnerd.net/main.php?g2_itemId=6064
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
Hawke
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Post by Hawke »

Deimos wrote:What? The estes rockets being used as weapons against AC?? What are you talking about lol?
A day that went down in infamy. Not only the rocket launching...but the retaliation that followed. :twisted:

>.> <.<
Deimos
Camper
Camper

Post by Deimos »

Hawke wrote:
Deimos wrote:What? The estes rockets being used as weapons against AC?? What are you talking about lol?
A day that went down in infamy. Not only the rocket launching...but the retaliation that followed. :twisted:

>.> <.<
Lol, what happened?
Space Academy
Advanced Space Academy
Adult Space Academy
Spanky
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Spanky »

I'll tell you what Hawke....Rat and I will post a new Iron Gump story about it. Once we have our view posted....you can add a trainees view of the activity. I will tell you this....that team is still an example of TEFLON COATED, ROCKET PROPELLED, WORLD SAVIN HEROES!! Rat and I still talk about that team. There was hell to pay after ya'll left...but I have never been more proud of a team.
"We only have a short time to live, so it is essential to do things that are worthwhile and to do them now."Lord Baden-Powell

U.S Space Camp - 1982-1988
Aviation Challenge Staff /Program Manager - 1996-2004
Knight 3, Commander 77th TFS 1999-2004