New Software at AC

A place for ACers to come and hang out after a hard day of escape-and-evade or survival training.

Moderator: Vincent

Red Bull
Counselor
Counselor

New Software at AC

Post by Red Bull »

I wanted everyone to know that we should have our demo software by the end of this coming week. I am very excited about the possiblities it will give to camp. The Mach 3 sims will have the freedom for the WIO to pan around the sky without interfering with the PLT's view. All the sims will have a video recording capiblility so that debriefing will be a viable option. We can fly any where in the world or we can create a fictional enviorment.

Summer of '07 should be enteresting.
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Wow and from what i saw if the simn software when i visited last summer it looked great then this new stuff sounds awesome. Heck the current stuff is light years ahead of what we had in the mach 3 level sims back in 96.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
Krispy
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Krispy »

It is very exciting that we are getting the new sims! I remember those that you are talking about, they were the first ones I learned on back in 98-99, then we got the new ones late 99-00, and now in 06 we are getting even better ones!

Geesh, I've been around AC for a long time! LoL! :roll:
2006 - Supervisor - AC
2005 - Supervisor - AC/Space
2002-2004 - Counselor - AC/Advanced/Academy/Adult
2000 - Ast. Super/Counselor - AC
1999 - Counselor - AC
1998-1996 - Counselor - Space Camp/PC
1992 - Space Academy Lvl 2, June 13-20
MAYTAG
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by MAYTAG »

so is it completely new sims or just new software
ΣX IΓ 229

Mach II-July 6-12, 2002
ASA-July 5-11, 2003
Mach III- July 12-18, 2003
Mach III- July 3-9, 2004 Gunslingers (Callsign:Tiny)
ASA- July 10-16 Oberth
Krispy
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Krispy »

New software, for the current sims, just to clarify. Sorry for the confusion!
2006 - Supervisor - AC
2005 - Supervisor - AC/Space
2002-2004 - Counselor - AC/Advanced/Academy/Adult
2000 - Ast. Super/Counselor - AC
1999 - Counselor - AC
1998-1996 - Counselor - Space Camp/PC
1992 - Space Academy Lvl 2, June 13-20
Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

That is really exciting news! New software is always fun. Once you get used to it that is...
~Space Nerd~

"This is not an anomoly, this is real life" -Dan

Game Over
MAYTAG
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by MAYTAG »

yeah it sounds really cool, i wish i was coming back one last time this summer even though their saying no new sw till nxt but i still wanna go back lol
ΣX IΓ 229

Mach II-July 6-12, 2002
ASA-July 5-11, 2003
Mach III- July 12-18, 2003
Mach III- July 3-9, 2004 Gunslingers (Callsign:Tiny)
ASA- July 10-16 Oberth
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Well sadly as much as i loved AC space camp would be the only program i could realisticly attend again since its more wheel chair accessable now sadly Ac isnt really set up that way. Space camp i could atleasst use both the iss and mocr but sadly not the shuttle. AC Eand E would be impossible, sims no way, swimming very dificult, and seal mission very doubtful only becauser i dont know whats exactly involved that leaves briefings which thats way too much money to pay for just those. I absolutely loved AC though and would have loved to do it again if it were possible.
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Right Stuff
Camper
Camper

Post by Right Stuff »

man that makes me mad... i just went to AC mach 3 like 3 months ago.. i got the scholarship so i could go whenever i wanted this year... if i would of known they sims were being updated i would have waited... well no point of dwelling on it... ill just have to go again... hey tho the Sims were still pretty AWESOME when i went... so new software? i can only imagine how cool it will be!!!
Aviation Challenge Mach III April 30-May 5
Team: Blacklions
Team Leader: Callsign Pooky
My Callsign: SPAM (as origional Mercury 7 astronauts were called "spam in a can")
Others Callsigns on team: Sheila, Comet, Jetlag, Nemo, Squack
Red Bull
Counselor
Counselor

Demo

Post by Red Bull »

The Demo for the new sims was installed on Friday. There is a small bay built inside the Mach 3 bay. It has 4 desk top sims and the instructor station (tower). UAH is helping with the upgrade! They have been great to work with on the operations level! I am excited to see what the final product will look like.
Repeat
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Repeat »

Hey LB,

Last summer on my AC girls scout team, I had a girl in a wheel chair who participated in many of the activities we do. We had to modify some things, obviously, but depending on what your disability is, we can work around it. We had one of our two wheel-chair girls crawl during E&E the last 100 feet, we had one as part of our command staff, counting up the people. We also used one of the girls as a POW for the SEAL OPs and SAR missions - and their teammates actually had to rescue them.

As for the sims, we set up a special table with the computer and the joystick and throttle. The keyboard had to be used for certain things like flaps and such, but sims in a wheelchair is actually the easiest fix.

We have so many special needs people come through AC, I don't want whatever physical ailments you may have to prevent you from considering it as an option - nothing is impossible, especially not at AC where our motto is we make awesome-ness with what we don't have.
AC M2/M2-12 day counselor 05/06 Repeat
AC MIII W 43-03 (Jolly Rogers)
ASA W 42-03 (Oberth)
AC MIII W 49-01 (Silver Eagles)
ASA W 48-01 (Tereshkova)
ASA W 48-00 (Von Braun)
AC MIII 47-00 (Gun Slingers)
AC MII 39-99 (Falcons)
SA W 39-98 (Coke)
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Well honestly i was basing my comments on my experiance at Ac and remembering the types of stuff we did but thanks for all the info. Sadly unless they brought back a week long adult AC again i doubt i'd go back a weekend just isnt a long enough program but if they ever do bring back the week long adult sessions i'll keep that in mind.
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

I'm sure there are a lot of us who would like to attend an adult week-long AC session someday...
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
Deimos
Camper
Camper

Post by Deimos »

Really repeat?? that's awesome, maybe i can go to AC next year then, MACH 3, as i'm 16. That sounds like soo much fun, but i was afraid to try it with some of the problems i have. THanks for the info~~
Space Academy
Week 40- Deimos June 26-July 1st 2005
Advanced Space Academy
Week 42- Von Tiesenhausen July 2-7 2006
Week 41- Von Tiesenhausen July 1-6 2007
Week 40 - Goddard June 27- July 4th 2008
Adult Space Academy
October 10-13th 2014 Team Discovery
Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

Repeat wrote:Hey LB,

Last summer on my AC girls scout team, I had a girl in a wheel chair who participated in many of the activities we do. We had to modify some things, obviously, but depending on what your disability is, we can work around it. We had one of our two wheel-chair girls crawl during E&E the last 100 feet, we had one as part of our command staff, counting up the people. We also used one of the girls as a POW for the SEAL OPs and SAR missions - and their teammates actually had to rescue them.

As for the sims, we set up a special table with the computer and the joystick and throttle. The keyboard had to be used for certain things like flaps and such, but sims in a wheelchair is actually the easiest fix.

We have so many special needs people come through AC, I don't want whatever physical ailments you may have to prevent you from considering it as an option - nothing is impossible, especially not at AC where our motto is we make awesome-ness with what we don't have.
That is the kind of attitude that all of Space Camp and AC needs to have in reference to catering to their handicapped patrons!
~Space Nerd~

"This is not an anomoly, this is real life" -Dan

Game Over
tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

I saw a demo of the new software at AC! It is such a difference from what they have now that I almost wish I could go back next summer as a camper!

My team was supposed to get to try the software, but the computers crashed or something so we only got to watch the demo. But it was cool anyways!
Mach III winter '03- Top Gun Award
Mach III spring '04- Top Gun Award
Mach III winter '04- Top Gun Award
Mach III spring '05- Top Gun Award
ASA winter '06
Mach III summer '06
Mach III winter '06- Top Gun Award