Space / Aviation / Military Movie Quote Conversation Thread

A place for ACers to come and hang out after a hard day of escape-and-evade or survival training.

Moderator: Vincent

Sandrat
Counselor
Counselor

Space / Aviation / Military Movie Quote Conversation Thread

Post by Sandrat »

The idea is simple, carry out a conversation using only movie quotes from Space / Aviation / Military movies. You must quote the movie accurately and identify which movie your quote comes from.

This isn't movie association, either. Stay in the subject matter.

Television shows are allowed, as long as they fit the subject criteria.

I'll start:

"Guy? Your guy? I AM NOT YOUR GUY! I'm not your joe, you damned drinking buddy, and I sure as hell am not a mark in a singles bar! Hear this CFB.....I AM NOT HERE TO MAKE FRIENDS!"

- Space: Above and Beyond
"You made a fool out of young lieutenants. That's not against Army regulations."

CPT Nathan C. Brittles
US Cavalry
Spanky
Counselor
Counselor

Re: Space / Aviation / Military Movie Quote Conversation Thr

Post by Spanky »

Sandrat wrote: "Guy? Your guy? I AM NOT YOUR GUY! I'm not your joe, you damned drinking buddy, and I sure as hell am not a mark in a singles bar! Hear this CFB.....I AM NOT HERE TO MAKE FRIENDS!"

- Space: Above and Beyond
I don't have a clue what you're talkin' about, Phil. Not a [$#*@$] clue. I have a shell the size of a fist in my head. Pork Chop Hill. The only way I can make this goddamn toupee to stay on is by magnetizing the entire upper left quadrant of my skull, so you just go ahead and do what you do.

- Hot Shots
"We only have a short time to live, so it is essential to do things that are worthwhile and to do them now."Lord Baden-Powell

U.S Space Camp - 1982-1988
Aviation Challenge Staff /Program Manager - 1996-2004
Knight 3, Commander 77th TFS 1999-2004
Sandrat
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Sandrat »

"I see a strike preparing to launch."

Flight of the Intruder
"You made a fool out of young lieutenants. That's not against Army regulations."

CPT Nathan C. Brittles
US Cavalry
Spanky
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Spanky »

Witness: Striker was the squadron leader. He brought us in real low. But he couldn't handle it.
Prosecutor: Buddy couldn't handle it? Was Buddy one of your crew?
Witness: Right. Buddy was the bombardier. But it was Striker who couldn't handle it, and he went to pieces.
Prosecutor: *Andy* went to pieces?
Witness: No. Andy was the navigator. He was all right. Buddy went to pieces. It was awful how he came unglued.
Prosecutor: *Howie* came unglued?
Witness: Oh, no. Howie was a rock, the best tailgunner in the outfit. Buddy came unglued.
Prosecutor: And he bailed out?
Witness: No. Andy hung tough. Buddy bailed out. How he survived, it was a miracle.
Prosecutor: Then Howie survived?
Witness: No, 'fraid not. We lost Howie the next day.
Prosecutor: Over Macho Grande?
Witness: No. I don't think I'll ever get over Macho Grande.
"We only have a short time to live, so it is essential to do things that are worthwhile and to do them now."Lord Baden-Powell

Sandrat
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Sandrat »

"Over? Did you say over? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

- Animal House

(okay so it's technically not a Aviation movie, but it is a staple of counselor parties)

CPT Nathan C. Brittles
US Cavalry
Spanky
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Spanky »

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

Sandrat
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Sandrat »

"Well, I think that will about cover the fly-bys."

Top Gun

CPT Nathan C. Brittles
US Cavalry
gordo
Counselor
Counselor

Post by gordo »

K: "Do you smell that?"

L: "What?"

K: "Do you smell that? Napalm son... Nothing else in the world smells like that...."

K: "I love the smell of napalm in the morning.... smells like... Victory."
Counselor: 1996, 1997
Christmas Camp: 1996, 1997, 1998
Got a real life: 1999
gordo
Counselor
Counselor

Post by gordo »

Quickly followed by...

"Napalm sticks to kids"
Counselor: 1996, 1997
Christmas Camp: 1996, 1997, 1998
Got a real life: 1999
coffeediver
Counselor
Counselor

Post by coffeediver »

"You know there's not a single horse in the entire country of Vietnam? There's definitely something wrong with that." -Pvt Cowboy

"I wanted to see exotic Vietnam... the crown jewel of Southeast Asia. I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture... and kill them. I wanted to be the first kid on my block to get a confirmed kill!" -Pvt Joker

Door Gunner: Git some! Git some! Git some, yeah, yeah, yeah! Anyone that runs, is a VC. Anyone that stands still, is a well-disciplined VC! You guys oughta do a story about me sometime!
Private Joker: Why should we do a story about you?
Door Gunner: 'Cuz I'm so f'in' good! I done got me 157 dead gooks killed. Plus 50 water buffalo too! Them's all confirmed!
Private Joker: Any women or children?
Door Gunner: Sometimes!
Private Joker: How can you shoot women or children?
Door Gunner: Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much! Ain't war hell?
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

"Tonight you will sleep with your rifle. You will give your rifle a girls name. From this day forward you are married to this piece of iron and wood. AND YOU WILL BE FAITHFUL!"

Gunner Sergeant Hartman Full Metal Jacket
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Did your parents have any children that lived?
Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, yes, sir.
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: I'll bet they regret that. You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Catch 22 - Yossarian
"Let me see if I've got this straight: in order to be grounded, I've got to be crazy and I must be crazy to keep flying. But if I ask to be grounded, that means I'm not crazy any more

Full Metal Jacket - Gunnery Sergeant Hartman
"The deadliest weapon in the world is a marine and his rifle. It is your killer instinct which must be harnessed if you expect to survive in combat. Your rifle is only a tool. It is a hard heart that kills. If your killer instincts are not clean and strong you will hesitate at the moment of truth. You will not kill. You will become dead marines and then you will be in a world of s**t because marines are not allowed to die without permission. Do you maggots understand?"and I have to keep flying."
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Sandrat
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Sandrat »

"With all dues respect, Chaplain, I don't think our maker wants to hear from me right now. Because He knows I'm going to go outside in this plane and remove one of His creations from His universe. And when I return, I'm going to drink a bottle of scotch as if it were Chiggy von Richtoffen's blood and celebrate his death."

Space: Above And Beyond

CPT Nathan C. Brittles
US Cavalry
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Some great MASH Quotes

All it needs is a little salt.... pepper.... mustard, catchup, sauce, flavour. -- Trapper (referring to army food also applies to space camp food)

If you want a drink, sir, -- compliments Henry Blake -- brandy, scotch, vodka. And for your convenience, all in the same bottle. -- Radar

I want you to accord Major Houlihan attention and respect according to someone who achieved her high rank and sex. -- Henry

I want foxholes there, there, there and there -- each one smartly dug. The kind of hole a man can throw himself into with pride. -- Frank

Ugly color, 40 years out of style, fits like a tent? It's a class A uniform alright. -- Hawkeye (so true)

Carbon paper in the safe -- what brilliant foresight! In only 2000 years it will turn into diamonds! -- Charles

I will not carry a gun, Frank. When I got thrown into this war I had a clear understanding with the Pentagon: no guns. I'll carry your books, I'll carry a torch, I'll carry a tune, I'll carry on, carry over, carry forward, Cary Grant, cash and carry, carry me back to Old Virginia, I'll even 'hari-kari' if you show me how, but I will not carry a gun! -- Hawkeye

What happens in the event that figure 'A' is attracted to figure 'B' and wants to get married, but figure 'A' is already married to figure 'C' and figure 'B' is engaged to figure 'D', but figure 'A' can't keep his hands of figure 'B' because she's got such agreat figure? -- Trapper

Sex happens to be one of the most important things in life in as much as each one of us is one or the other gender of it once we're born, which is the direct result of the act of it. -- Henry

A reminder that the 4077th Christmas party for the Korean children in the area will be held today at fourteen hundred hours. So everyone turn out to meet the kids. Santa will be there too; we can only hope he's sober. -- PA

Attention all personnel. Because of the epidemic, tonight's broken film which has not arrived yet is cancelled. A reminder from Colonel Blake, due to the flu kindly refrain from kissing anyone unless absolutely necessary. -- PA

Attention. Captain Alvin Mercer leaves for a honeymoon in Tokyo at oh-nine hundred hours. Any nurse wishing to be the bride please contact the captain. No experience necessary. -- PA

Attention all personnel. Tonight's movie is a holdover from last week and will be shown right after supper, which is also a holdover from last week -- PA

Attention. Here's a bulletin from the truce talks at Panmunjon: after six weeks of negotiation, the U.N. and North Korea have agreed that flagpoles in the peace compound are to be thirty-two feet, six and one quarter inches high. World leaders hail this agreement as an important step toward lasting peace. -- PA

Well, official channels could take forever. I remember when I applied for permission to get married. By the time the papers came through, my son was divorced -- Potter[/img]
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
karatebando
Camper
Camper

Post by karatebando »

eating MREs

Daniel: This tastes like chicken.
Sam:So what's wrong with it?
Daniel: It's Macaroni and cheese. 8O

Stargate SG-1
Spanky
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Spanky »

Rules of engagement: one, whoever sees the other person first is the winner; two, whoever gets seen first is toast.

Spanky
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Spanky »

Pearl Tower, Tomcat two-zero-zero. requesting clearance for departure runway zero-nine. Over.

Spanky
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Spanky »

Two-zero-zero, Pearl Harbor Tower. You are cleared runway oh-niner. Winds zero-four-five at eight. SH-three approaching from the right. Have a nice day.

Sandrat
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Sandrat »

"Roger, contact right at 80 miles. 900 knots closure!"

CPT Nathan C. Brittles
US Cavalry