Enterprise - Silent Auction

Discuss Space Camp related merchandise. Also a place to buy, sell, trade, or post merchandise available on eBay other members might want!

Moderator: Vincent

majtom7
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Enterprise - Silent Auction

Post by majtom7 »

I am hoping that someone here can give more detail about this:

Customizable Laser Cut Wall Hanging - Space Camp Shuttle Missions
Take home a piece of your past Space Camp shuttle missions! This customizable wall hanging is created from a piece of the vertical tail of our Space Camp Enterprise orbiter. Add your favorite orbiter name or years you attended Camp to personalize. Please allow 2-3 weeks for customization. [10 items are available]

https://www.silentauctionpro.com/bidonl ... negrid.php

Is Enterprise going away? Why would it be ok to take pieces off the tail if not?
"I wanted to be humble, never arrogant, which is a trait astronauts despise." Mike Massimino
blachwk
Camper
Camper

Re: Enterprise - Silent Auction

Post by blachwk »

You beat me to the punch on this post and these specific silent auction items. If the Enterprise is going away, I am truly saddened. I am hoping that either the vertical stabilizer needed to be replaced due to damage or old age, or they are just phasing out the aft fuselage section to create space for additional simulators in the mission room but keeping the cockpit through payload bay.
majtom7
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Enterprise - Silent Auction

Post by majtom7 »

From a post on Facebook:

The Tail and OMS pods were removed some time ago to make use of the space. I believe it helped add to the Mars base.

P.S. On one hand, I understand that there's only so much floor space. On the other hand, this change to the aesthetics of EVAs saddens me immensely. What's next? Removal of the entire payload bay? After all, how much can you do in a one hour mission? Besides, there's a weight limit on the arm.
"I wanted to be humble, never arrogant, which is a trait astronauts despise." Mike Massimino