Gift Shop Guidelines - Please Read Before Selling

Discuss Space Camp related merchandise. Also a place to buy, sell, trade, or post merchandise available on eBay other members might want!

Moderator: Vincent

Vincent
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gift Shop Guidelines - Please Read Before Selling

Post by Vincent »

While I intend primarily for The Gift Shop area of the HabForum to be used for discussing Space Camp merchandise, and pointing out things for sale by third parties (e.g. on eBay), you are more than welcome to see if anyone on the HabForum is interested in buying a given Space Camp / Aviation Challenge / etc. item.

For space related items, I highly recommend you check out the For Sale / For Trade forum over at collectSPACE

Rules for Selling

While posting to others' auctions or classified listing is encouraged here, you may not advertise the auction or the classified listings of your items from other sellers' sites, including eBay. This prohibition does not include identical sales threads posted at boards similar to the HabForum (e.g. collectSPACE). You may post links to personal, non-auction listings for convenience. It is encouraged that sellers use a third party for posting large quantities of pictures instead of posting them inline in the Gift Shop thread (imgur is fantastic).

Items offered for sale or sale/trade must have posted prices. Items offered for trade only do not require prices.

Rules for Responding

If you think an asking price is too high, feel free to send the seller an email or private message. The thread itself is not the place to provide commentary on an asking price.

Rules for Buying

Caveat Emptor. Buyers and sellers are using this site as a platform only. Know what you're buying and from whom before sending money, would be my advice. Sellers, there are feedback sites (Heatware is popular) that operate similar to eBay feedback that can be used to help verify the integrity of a user over time.

Have fun! Good luck!
Hotdog
Top Gun
Top Gun

Re: Gift Shop Guidelines - Please Read Before Selling

Post by Hotdog »

Am I in the clear, Vincent? I have a feeling these guidelines might have been prompted by my earlier ad :mrgreen:

Should I have just posted a link to my ad on Collectspace instead? If there is a different way I should go about it, let me know.
4-time Space Camp/Academy alumni
1989, 1991*, 1992, 1994
*Right Stuff Award Winner
Vincent
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Gift Shop Guidelines - Please Read Before Selling

Post by Vincent »

You're good.

Your post did prompt the ad, but only insomuch as I didn't expect anyone to actually post anything for sale so quickly, and I figured I'd better get it up sooner rather than later!