College's

A place to talk about any and all things not related to Space Camp.

Moderator: Vincent

ACluvR
Camper
Camper

Post by ACluvR »

I go to USF and am almost done!! YAY!!! Am just a history major with a public health minor though... I like it though... and we have a pretty campus with palm trees, lol. :) GO BULLS!!!!
Stephanie
Bubbles almost everytime
AC ROCKS!!!

AC:06/99, 07/00, 12/00, 07/01, 12/01, 12/02: Counselors were Moondoggie, Krispy, Ace, Sparky, Montano, Pyro, Lurch, Bean:) I also miss Ballistic, Grunt, Doolittle
Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

We have pretty palm trees at ASU too except that all of ours were transplanted haha. Still makes palm walk one of the most amazing experiences of my walk to class though...
~Space Nerd~

"This is not an anomoly, this is real life" -Dan

Game Over
ACluvR
Camper
Camper

Post by ACluvR »

Ours are implanted too, lol. Palm trees don't just grow everywhere in Florida, lol. :) Oh well, at least we have a real football team now (sorta). It's not big for aeronautics and that stuff though... more of a sciences school. Oh well. Florida instate tuition is too cheap to pass up!
Stephanie
Bubbles almost everytime
AC ROCKS!!!

AC:06/99, 07/00, 12/00, 07/01, 12/01, 12/02: Counselors were Moondoggie, Krispy, Ace, Sparky, Montano, Pyro, Lurch, Bean:) I also miss Ballistic, Grunt, Doolittle
Sandrat
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Sandrat »

Space Nerd wrote:We have pretty palm trees at ASU too except that all of ours were transplanted haha. Still makes palm walk one of the most amazing experiences of my walk to class though...
I miss Tempe. And Scottsdale. And Sedona.

Why did I ever move away?

Just for the heck of it...

B.S. from East Tennessee State University
M.S. from Mississippi State University
"You made a fool out of young lieutenants. That's not against Army regulations."

CPT Nathan C. Brittles
US Cavalry
tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

hey guys! A little update is in order, I suppose!

I'm here at Vandy and I love it! College really isn't as hard as I thought it would be. I am still pre-med, but am now double majoring in Chemistry and Geology!

I hope everyone else's school is going well too!
Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

I like that you post about it not being as hard as you thought right before finals! :lol: Its not really as bad as they lead you to believe. Nonetheless, I have a lot of studying to do... :?
~Space Nerd~

"This is not an anomoly, this is real life" -Dan

Game Over
karatebando
Camper
Camper

Post by karatebando »

This is my first year at college. It is like an extention on high school. The most hilarious part, we have home comming queen, king, and dance. Who would have thought. The only difference from high school is that not everyone talks to each other, you choose your own schedual, and my favorite, it is way easier. The worst thing though is that everyone smokes.
tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

I love choosing my own schedule!!!! Next semester, it worked out so my earliest class on tuesday and thursday is 11am, and on wednesday, monday, and friday I don't start until noon! It just worked out that way... I nearly cried tears of joy.
karatebando
Camper
Camper

Post by karatebando »

Next semester I am taking 19 units and only go to school monday evenings.
tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

I'm taking 17 credits.. you need permission here to take more than18 credits... where do you go? You're in southern california right? I have a good friend at UCSD
karatebando
Camper
Camper

Post by karatebando »

I go to community college. Yuck :lol: My friend at SDSU is taking more classes then me, and I' pretty sure my friend at CSUF is taking more classes then me. My sister at CSULB is for sure going to try and get more credits then me. I have a friend at UCI who takes a ton of classes as well.
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

I never got to choose my schedule in University. First year Engineering gets one of four schedules, so that was the only choice I had. Then, we were in school from 8 or 9 AM to 3 or 4 PM every day, and 5 PM on Thursdays for a lab. In technical school we had no choices what-so-ever and so we were in school from 8 to 4 every day with a fixed schedule. We did get to choose a 'major' in our second year but that only affected what schedule we were given, still the same hours.

I liked being given a fixed schedule. Our class of 30 students would go to all the same classes and have all the same instructors for two years. We got really close and became a really tight-knit group. We helped each other out and had a great time. It was great because teachers really got to know you, work together, and even arrange assignments so they don't conflict with assignments in other classes, etc. One of our instructors even made a deal that we didn't have to hand in our assignments if he didn't hand back our previous marked assignment!

Personally, I think going to class for so few hour is week is detrimental to anyone who wants to get into the workforce. When you are used to only 'working' at school for three or four hours a day, going to work for 40 hours a week is a huge adjustment. Whereas if you take school for 40 hours a week (plus homework) and then go to the workforce for 40 hours a week (with no homework!) it is actually a nice transition.
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
ACluvR
Camper
Camper

Post by ACluvR »

I have 18 credit hours for the Spring semester... and I work 25hrs a week. I know at least for me... I do at least 40 hrs of schoolwork a week... its all about discipline... We don't just go to class for a few hours a day and then sit around all day (well some people do, but most don't). That's just me though. :) Goodluck with finals everyone!
Stephanie
Bubbles almost everytime
AC ROCKS!!!

tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

yeah.. same here... I go to class a couple hours a day, but when I'm not in class I'm studying like crazy! I think that class for only a couple hours a day is, perhaps, helpful. Simply because it takes discipline to keep up with assignments without the constant nagging of teachers.