Too many flightsuits...

A place to talk about any and all things not related to Space Camp.

Moderator: Vincent

p51
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Too many flightsuits...

Post by p51 »

I was going through the closet the other day and realized I have way too many flightuits. I was in the Army and used them from time to time, I used to volunteer for WW2 airplanes, so I had one for that, too. I also had some for sci-fi and other stuff.
These aren't all of them, either. I just thought it'd be cool to line up the more interesting ones in one photo...
  • "Space: Above and Beyond" TV show replica, with original (production made) holster for the sidearm
  • "Defying Gravity" TV series 'ascan' flight suit, all screen-used, even the hat and the undershirt!
  • The real deal for NASA, a CWU-73 flightsuit, from the late 90s
  • The one I wore when flying in airplanes such as B-17, B-24, P-51, T-6, B-25 and likely a B-29 next year
  • Space Camp flightsuit, with 30th anniversary patch (I've posted several photos of this in this forum). I'll be wearing this to Space Camp next month!
Skidmark
Space Academy: 2012, 2013 and 2014
Advanced Space Academy: 2016 and 2018

Undefeated for winning mission patch designs!
Official Space Camp Ambassador
Steve
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Too many flightsuits...

Post by Steve »

p51 wrote:I was going through the closet the other day and realized I have way too many flightuits. I was in the Army and used them from time to time, I used to volunteer for WW2 airplanes, so I had one for that, too. I also had some for sci-fi and other stuff.
These aren't all of them, either. I just thought it'd be cool to line up the more interesting ones in one photo...
  • "Space: Above and Beyond" TV show replica, with original (production made) holster for the sidearm
  • "Defying Gravity" TV series 'ascan' flight suit, all screen-used, even the hat and the undershirt!
  • The real deal for NASA, a CWU-73 flightsuit, from the late 90s
  • The one I wore when flying in airplanes such as B-17, B-24, P-51, T-6, B-25 and likely a B-29 next year
  • Space Camp flightsuit, with 30th anniversary patch (I've posted several photos of this in this forum). I'll be wearing this to Space Camp next month!
Looks like you got plenty of them. I loved Above & Beyond. I wished I could find reruns.
p51
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by p51 »

Steve wrote:I loved Above & Beyond. I wished I could find reruns.
You can find it on DVD, it's well worth it.
I have a few items from the actual show, including a screen-used flightsuit for a named character (Winslow).
More on my sci fi stuff with good photos can be seen here:
http://www.freewebs.com/willysmb44/scifi.htm
Skidmark

Steve
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Steve »

p51 wrote:
Steve wrote:I loved Above & Beyond. I wished I could find reruns.
You can find it on DVD, it's well worth it.
I have a few items from the actual show, including a screen-used flightsuit for a named character (Winslow).
More on my sci fi stuff with good photos can be seen here:
http://www.freewebs.com/willysmb44/scifi.htm
Thanks for the tip on the show. I start looking for it. That is great on items. I collected Star Trek stuff for several years. I went to Huntsville back about 16 years ago when the 30th of star trek.
Space camp here we come!!! :lol:
p51
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by p51 »

Steve wrote:I collected Star Trek stuff for several years. I went to Huntsville back about 16 years ago when the 30th of star trek.
The KSC visitor center had a Trek exhibit when I was there last September. I lucked up because this was the day before the GRAIL probe went up so there was next to nobody there that day, I had the whole exhibit to myself for the most part. Some photos from that below...
Steve wrote:Space camp here we come!!! :lol:
Amen, man! I'm almost exactly one week away from wheels-up for the start of my trip, doing some neat stuff before camp so I'm heading into ATL a couple of days early...

Skidmark

Steve
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Steve »

p51 wrote:
Steve wrote:I collected Star Trek stuff for several years. I went to Huntsville back about 16 years ago when the 30th of star trek.
The KSC visitor center had a Trek exhibit when I was there last September. I lucked up because this was the day before the GRAIL probe went up so there was next to nobody there that day, I had the whole exhibit to myself for the most part. Some photos from that below...
Steve wrote:Space camp here we come!!! :lol:
Amen, man! I'm almost exactly one week away from wheels-up for the start of my trip, doing some neat stuff before camp so I'm heading into ATL a couple of days early...

Yep I am ready, sent me a message couple days before wheels up!! :lol: