Anyone dealing with antique/current military aircraft?

A place to talk about any and all things not related to Space Camp.

Moderator: Vincent

p51
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Anyone dealing with antique/current military aircraft?

Post by p51 »

Just curious if anyone here has worked with or flown on current or older military aircraft due to the people at AC...
I walked away from two very nasty incidents with military helicopters, so you won’t likely get into anything with rotors on it again. I don’t know where my photos are of the helicopters I’ve flown in, and the one fast-mover ride I ever got was from a command which restricted photos from their aircraft so I have no photos of or from that ride, darn it. Anyway, I thought some of you might like these shots and I’d assume others here have had experiences with aviation that would make for a good post.
Here are some shots of me or taken by in in the air. YES, I did fly the P-51, in formation with a B-17, B-24 and a T-6. Best 90 minutes of my life.

Here are some shots some of the other WW2 aircraft I’ve flown on over the years:

Here’s a few shots I’ve taken at various places from the ground, a couple of which I probably shouldn’t have been taking photos at the time:

And here’s my personal ground transportation ride (1944 Willys MB, yes, it really is mine), in front of a B-25:

Skidmark
Space Academy: 2012, 2013 and 2014
Advanced Space Academy: 2016 and 2018

Undefeated for winning mission patch designs!
Official Space Camp Ambassador
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by Benji »

I have done a few projects for Kiowa Warrior, Chinook, and Blackhawk. Never had the chance to fly in one IRL, but I have flown each in simulation.
Ad astra per aspera.
p51
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by p51 »

Benji wrote:I have done a few projects for Kiowa Warrior, Chinook, and Blackhawk. Never had the chance to fly in one IRL, but I have flown each in simulation.
I've pancaked onto a conrete runway in a Uh-1 once and a year later survived a very nasty Chinook crash with multiple fatalities (including the soldier sitting right next to me). I couldn't talk about it for years and I can't stand the sight of a Chinook even to this day...
Skidmark
Space Academy: 2012, 2013 and 2014
Advanced Space Academy: 2016 and 2018

Undefeated for winning mission patch designs!
Official Space Camp Ambassador