My new license plate

A place to talk about any and all things not related to Space Camp.

Moderator: Vincent

Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

My new license plate

Post by Benji »

After many weeks of waiting (due to delays caused by equipment issues at the manufacturing plant), my new plate finally arrived. Behold the space dorkiness:

Ad astra per aspera.
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

... except Laika wasn't the first to the moon. *ahem* (Sorry, had to add more space dorkiness.)

Otherwise, I'm completely jealous!! It's a great plate. Congrats. Now, how do custom plates work in America if the plates stay with the car (so I'm told)? Do you get to keep your custom plates if you sell the car?

We have standardised plates up here. The most we can get is custom words/numbers on the standard background. Although, I swoon whenever I see a plate up here designated STS-###. I doubt most of those drivers even have an interest in space. I'm stuck with WJC-###. Boring. Maybe I'll get a custom word one day.
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
bnaivar
Camper
Camper

Post by bnaivar »

Benji, you go dog! :D
Outstanding Trainee Award-Adult Space Academy Sept. '90
Best Mission-Parent & Child Space Camp
Right Stuff Award-Adult Space Academy
Most Enthusiastic-Adult Space Academy
Best Mission-Adult Alumni Weekend June '08
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by Benji »

Jennifer, I really wanted "Eagle", which would've been perfect had it not been taken (as was almost every other working I tried).

Also, in most states, the plates don't stay with the car and are taken off when the car is sold. They can be transferred to a new vehicle for a small fee (sorta BS, since you're paying the state for the convenience of not having to mint you a new plate).

Bill, thanks!
Ad astra per aspera.