A Sad Day for Star Trek Fans

A place to talk about any and all things not related to Space Camp.

Moderator: Vincent

Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

A Sad Day for Star Trek Fans

Post by Boomerang »

As a Star Trek fan i have some sad news to report today. I know there are other fans here who may not have heard yet. This morning the first lady of Star Trel Majel Barrett Rodenberry passed away at age 76 of complicaqtions from leukemia. She is the widow of late Star Trek Creator Gener Roddenberry. She has also had a role in every Star trek series though some in voice only and several of the films including the upcoming film. She was always gracious to the fans and helped to cary on her husband's legacy after his death in 1991.

Star Trek Roles

"Number One" Star trek the Original Series first Pilot "The Cage" also seen in first season episode "The Menagerie" in this role.

Nurse/Dr Christine Chapel Star Trek The original series, Star Trek the Motion Picture, and Star Trek 4 the Voyage home. and Star trek the Animated Series.

Communications officer M'Ress Star Trek the Animated Series.

Computer Voice for various Star Ships, Star trek, Star Trek the Next generation, Star Trek deep Space Nine, Star Trek Voyager, Star Trek Enterprise. Star Trek the Animated Series, Star Trek feature films including the upcoming movie.

Ambassador Lwaxana Troi, Star Trek the Next Generation and Star Trek Deep Space Nine.

She also had roles on several other sci fi series including Babylon 5 and Earth Final Conflict. She is the only actor to have an association with every Star Trek Series, as well as the film series.

May She Rest in Peace.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
Vincent
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Vincent »

Okay, I'll do it:

She's dead, Jim.
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

Vincent wrote:She's dead, Jim.
You beat me to it!

A sad day indeed. May she rest in peace. I never noticed she was Dr. Chapel though - I should have known this - now I will have to go back and watch some original Star Trek.

Thanks for letting us know.
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

She became Dr. chapel in Star Trek the Motion Picture. She is only seen briefly in Star Trek 4 i9n the Emergency command center on Earth when the probe is destroying things.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador