Moon Hoax theories....

A place to talk about any and all things not related to Space Camp.

Moderator: Vincent

Deimos
Camper
Camper

Moon Hoax theories....

Post by Deimos »

For some reason the moon hoax has become popular again. I don't understand why, there's plenty of evidence to back up that we really did go to the moon. It bugs me when people don't believe it, i point to the evidence and i'm like, the evidence is right there why cant you see it, I completely and totally believe that we went to the moon. What are your comments on the new popularity of the moon hoax theories.
Space Academy
Week 40- Deimos June 26-July 1st 2005
Advanced Space Academy
Week 42- Von Tiesenhausen July 2-7 2006
Week 41- Von Tiesenhausen July 1-6 2007
Week 40 - Goddard June 27- July 4th 2008
Adult Space Academy
October 10-13th 2014 Team Discovery
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

I haven't heard any Moon hoax stories in ages... mostly because everyone I talk to believes we did go to the Moon, obviously.

I do have a funny episode of a show called 'The Passionate Eye' (a CBC documentary series) about Moon hoaxes. The show goes on and on and gets famous big name astronauts and things to say the Moon landing was a hoax, etc. Then at the very end there is a 10-second blurb about how we DID go to the Moon but the media has such influence on our lives that they can do just about anything and get you to believe whatever they want. Scary thought, isn't it? It's still a great video, and I watch it for a good laugh every so often.
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
Deimos
Camper
Camper

Post by Deimos »

That's good there's not been much where you are. Around here, a lot of people don't believe it. In history class they were talking about it, and i got soooo mad i walked out of class, because everyone was trying to convince me that it never happened. I was soo mad. I'm a real believer in it so i get really mad lol. Just wondering what it was like where you all are too, if there's many people who don't believe it.
(sorry about posting this like 5 times, my computer messed up and sent it through like 5 times so i deleted them. But i'm sorry that ahppened)
Space Academy
Advanced Space Academy
Adult Space Academy
jagsvolleyball14
Camper
Camper

moon hoax

Post by jagsvolleyball14 »

same here i get mad too!... i was watching comedy central and some comedian was talking about why she is paying taxes for a space program that the only thing they have contributed to socitey is a fake moon landing and matress that when you jump on it that the wine wont spill.. and i was sitting there nameing off all the things they have given us... velcrow, the veined swimming suits, and so on... oo i got so fired up...lol
SC-01;counsler-Katie
SA-03;counsler-Katie&Scooby
SA-04;counsler-dusty&?

AC machII eagles
-xmas-04;counslers-Sparky&Stumps

AC machIII blacklions
-xmas-05;counslers-Pooky&RG
-xmas-06;counslers-Bambi&Shaggy
-xmas-07;counslers-Opie&Snapper
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

actually velcro was not developed for or by NASA and its development had niothing to do with the space program. It was patented around the time of sputnik. However the space program has made extensive use of it.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
Deimos
Camper
Camper

Re: moon hoax

Post by Deimos »

jagsvolleyball14 wrote:same here i get mad too!... i was watching comedy central and some comedian was talking about why she is paying taxes for a space program that the only thing they have contributed to socitey is a fake moon landing and matress that when you jump on it that the wine wont spill.. and i was sitting there nameing off all the things they have given us... velcrow, the veined swimming suits, and so on... oo i got so fired up...lol
Lol, i think i saw that one, well some of it, when they were talking about that i changed the channel, i was sooo mad. NASA has done soo much for us, and we DID go to the moon no matter what anyone says. I think you're anti-american if you don't believe in it. Even the russians believed it, and it had to have taken a lot for the russians to believe it. They wouldn't believe just anything. Anyways, yeah, and i walked out of class, but i got detention. I was really mad, because i don't think people should teach in a matter of opinion, i think it should be based on solid facts and information, the teachers shouldn't teach to their opinion. Like in my religion class (i go to catholic school) it's all opinion and it bothers me, and now history class is al opinion. Ugg it just really bothers me. I found a really good site that i tell people to go to though about the moon hoax thing, proving it's real. http://www.redzero.demon.co.uk/moonhoax/ it gives proof that it was real, the sites that say it's real don't even have solid proof. So yeah lol, sorry i'm going on like this, it just really bugs me when people don't believe me, and i couldn't say anything at school so yeah, sorry lol. But anyways. i'll stop now. Talk to you all later.
Space Academy
Advanced Space Academy
Adult Space Academy
DanM
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by DanM »

Buzz Aldrin punched a guy who beleived the moon hoax!

Space Camp July 9-14 2006
Phoenix Bay-Team Armstrong

Space Academy June 17-22 2007
Bay 205-Team Orville

Advanced Space Academy-June 26-July 1 2011
Bay 221-Team Von Braun
Deimos
Camper
Camper

Post by Deimos »

DanM wrote:Buzz Aldrin punched a guy who beleived the moon hoax!

WOW lol, good for him!!!!!!!!!
Space Academy
Advanced Space Academy
Adult Space Academy
Sandrat
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Sandrat »

Send every moron who rationalizes we didn't go to the Moon to www.badastronomy.com. Find the section on the Moon hoax and tell them to read, apply the science, and then try rationalizing it.
"You made a fool out of young lieutenants. That's not against Army regulations."

CPT Nathan C. Brittles
US Cavalry
Spanky
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Spanky »

Actually checked that out.....good site!!!

Great points as to why we landed on the moon.
"We only have a short time to live, so it is essential to do things that are worthwhile and to do them now."Lord Baden-Powell

U.S Space Camp - 1982-1988
Aviation Challenge Staff /Program Manager - 1996-2004
Knight 3, Commander 77th TFS 1999-2004
Joker
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Joker »

Spanky wrote:Great points as to why we landed on the moon.
We landed on the moon not because it was easy, but because it was hard, because that goal served to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge was one that we were willing to accept, one were unwilling to postpone, and one which we intended to win.

Or maybe because we had the funding. No bucks, no Buck Rogers. Whichever.
U.S. Space Camp, May 1985
Aviation Challenge Staff, 1996-1997
"Livin' in fear's just another way of dyin' before your time." -- Drive-By Truckers
des
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by des »

Hi,

Here's one thing newer members are for, and that's for resurrecting long dead posts plus it's near Easter, but I digress...

I'm not sure that Aldrin REALLY punched someone who believed in the moon
hoax! Could be photoshopped.
However, I just saw a National Geographic program "Is it Real?" that probably was 5 years old. Anyway I hadn't seen it and it was all the old moon hoax "proofs" and then the answer to them. And then some other reasons to show that it happened. I don't know why people bother with these nutcases but it was kind of interesting. I'm sure many of these people believe the world is flat (Friedman does, but I digress again :-)).

I do run into a LOT of people who say why should we go into space "we just got velcro and tang". Look what we can do with this money (in the extremely unlikely to non- possibility that we would spend it on anything socially-- and they name things that we would never spend it on). I just go nuts! But I found an extremely helpful site. Also there is the stat running around that something like for every $1 spent by NASA $7 (and I have heard it as high as $25 or so) goes into the US economy.

Actually Tang is a bit of myth too. Tang was invented by General Foods. I still see the claims that astronauts drank it, but Aldrin says this was not true. The technology may be a little similar but we had Kool-Aid and it is basically Kool Aid with some natural flavor, so I don't see it as new. Kool Aid was invented in 1930. Orange juice is not dehydrated and it really can't be done. Those so-called space ice cream bars were not ever taken to space either, to my knowledge.
The freeze drying process was developed by NASA and the ice cream bars were a demonstration or educational program. But most adults think the idea is pretty gross. Kids a lot of time like them, and they do have a lot of sugar so that figures.

BTW, NASA says it doesn't spend a lot of time debunking space invention myths because basically they say so many people have so much bad to say.

Anyway here is the page: ttp://www.thespaceplace.com/nasa/spinoffs.html
There is also an explanation of the actual percentage of the US budget NASA represents.

--des
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by Benji »

I think Buzz did punch the guy. I think that's one of the proofs, too, that 'Buzz Aldrin won't swear on the bible that it happened and he punched a person who confronted him about it.'
Ad astra per aspera.
des
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by des »

Wow! Well I hope he isn't getting off the wagon or something. He is a recovering alcoholic-- actually wrote a book on it "Return to Earth". Which is much more about his bouts with depression and alcoholism than the moon landing (though there is some good stuff about that too).

OTOH, though I am normally non-violent, the guy mighta deserved it. :-}
I get pretty angry about with the young earth, moon hoax, Intelligent design etc and the general degree of scientific illiteracy around. Though I've never punched anyone. OTOH, I haven't been there either.

Apparently, there was a very involved Fox news thing on the "moon hoax".
Apparently the Fox show (surprises of surprises) was weighted heavily pro-hoax. I found this website: www.badastronomy.com that is a really nice explanation of the reasons (as well as other good stuff like the Mars faces). At least the National Geographic program was totally the other way. It was anti-hoax, and took each issue raised and refuted it fairly firmly. It clearly portrayed the pro-hoaxers as unreasonable nutcases, often fooled by their lack of science knowledge. In some cases, the questions raised were interesting though.

--des
des
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: moon hoax

Post by des »

I missed this one. IMO, it's sad that kids get taught such drivel. I'm glad you are getting the chance to go to space camp where you can learn real science.

--des

[quote="Deimos"][quote="jagsvolleyball14"]

Lol, i think i saw that one, well some of it, when they were talking about that i changed the channel, i was sooo mad. NASA has done soo much for us, and we DID go to the moon no matter what anyone says. I think you're anti-american if you don't believe in it. Even the russians believed it, and it had to have taken a lot for the russians to believe it. They wouldn't believe just anything. Anyways, yeah, and i walked out of class, but i got detention. I was really mad, because i don't think people should teach in a matter of opinion, i think it should be based on solid facts and information, the teachers shouldn't teach to their opinion. /quote]
DanM
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by DanM »

des wrote:
I'm not sure that Aldrin REALLY punched someone who believed in the moon
hoax! I don't know why people bother with these nutcases but it was kind of interesting.
--des
It was real, it's probably from some news thing, I saw it on a space forum, and he punched the guy (bart sibrel) because the guy was bugging him.
Space Camp July 9-14 2006
Phoenix Bay-Team Armstrong

Space Academy June 17-22 2007
Bay 205-Team Orville

Advanced Space Academy-June 26-July 1 2011
Bay 221-Team Von Braun
Andromeda462
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Post by Andromeda462 »

I was watching this show about the moon hoax and the "solid proof" that those pro-hoaxers said they had. I just had to laugh at those people because there was this crazy looking guy that didn't look to intelligent and he was talking about the radiation belts.
There is solid proof that those Apollo Rockets did take off and that the capsules returned because there were thousands of witnesses and camera footage. It would take more effort and more money to cover up a moon landing than to actually go there and that logic alone should prove that we went to the moon.