Sims

A place to talk about any and all things not related to Space Camp.

Moderator: Vincent

shenandoah04
Counselor
Counselor

Sims

Post by shenandoah04 »

Wondering if anyone has ever tried this, I just did briefly- I was on the Sims, and I made the "Space Camp family"... there can only be 8 people, so I had 6 campers (kids, 'cause that's the only one with the flight suit option:)) and 2 counselors. It was pretty fun, but the game is not intended for that at all. :wink:
Lisα
---
2000/Week 41/Team Atlas
2001/Week 41/ Team Shepard
2002/Week 39/Team Gagarin
SC/Robotics Counselor 2009 :mrgreen:
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

I have never played SIMS before, but I have made a Space Camp scene out of LEGO. I had the Habitat I, the UAT, and some sims... I think I might do that again...
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
shenandoah04
Counselor
Counselor

LEGOs

Post by shenandoah04 »

I got the game from my sister; it took up too much space on her computer, but it works on mine :) The LEGO thing sounds cool! It also sounds big... how big was it and if you do make another one, can you post pics on the forum?:D
Lisα
---
2000/Week 41/Team Atlas
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

Good luck with your SIMS game. I wonder if you can take your Space Camp family to a science centre or something. Or... if they can have futuristic houses. I do not know much about the game, so I'm merely thinking up odd-ball ideas.

As for the LEGO, I had two big grey LEGO mats filled with stuff plus the orbiter. I used an existing LEGO kit for the Enterprise orbiter. I wish I had enough LEGO to make everything their respective colours though. (The Habitat room was multi-coloured instead of grey with blue/red/green accents like it really is.)

Any-who, if I ever make another Space Camp scene (and I definitely should) I will post pictures of it here for everyone to see.
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

Ahahahahahahahaaha... (no i really did laugh that hard)

Actually was gonna try that once but i got tired half way through and abandoned the project. I'm too meticulous with the designing of my sims.
~Space Nerd~

"This is not an anomoly, this is real life" -Dan

Game Over
tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

I'm addicted to the sims!! one night, a school night, i didnt sleep at all and just played sims all night. it was pretty cool. till my person died in a fire.
Mach III winter '03- Top Gun Award
Mach III spring '04- Top Gun Award
Mach III winter '04- Top Gun Award
Mach III spring '05- Top Gun Award
ASA winter '06
Mach III summer '06
Mach III winter '06- Top Gun Award
psych0rabbit
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by psych0rabbit »

Lol, yeah, that's kinda bad.
shenandoah04
Counselor
Counselor

Post by shenandoah04 »

Good luck with your SIMS game. I wonder if you can take your Space Camp family to a science centre or something. Or... if they can have futuristic houses. I do not know much about the game, so I'm merely thinking up odd-ball ideas.
I think those are cool ideas! I only have the basic verion of Sims so I can't take them anywhere but their homes (and they can go visit neighbors) but there may be expansion packs where you could do something cool like make a science center. You can give them kind of futuristic houses, I'm not too creative in that aspect yet though... I had to use regular siding for the sides of the hab- and I'm not the greatest at making non-square homes ... so the Hab was a rectangle :oops: also, Sims can only have 2 story homes :?
I'm addicted to the sims!! one night, a school night, i didnt sleep at all and just played sims all night. it was pretty cool. till my person died in a fire.
Lol... it's 3 am and that's basically why I'm still up! But I'm lucky I don't have my 8 am class tomorrow! Yeah, when the people die in fires that's kind of bad... I have only actually ever had one person die, because after her, I got angry at the reaper and would shut the game off every time he came... also I stopped giving them stoves, and I've never given them fireplaces :D
The fact that she played it all night or the person dying in the fire?
Lisα
---
2000/Week 41/Team Atlas
psych0rabbit
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by psych0rabbit »

shenandoah04 wrote:
The fact that she played it all night or the person dying in the fire?
The person dying in the fire is kinda bad. The fact that she played it all night is kinda sad, lol. Though I must admit to being guilty of it also . . .just on different games. :lol: