Where is everybody?

A place to talk about any and all things not related to Space Camp.

Moderator: Vincent

tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

weve been doing good. hows yours been doing? yeah.. wind here is a prob too. and cold our first matches are always like 35 degrees at most. it sucks and i always have to wear like 3 pairs of pants and 2 sweat shirts but whatever. bet you dont havet that prob. obviously being in alabama and all.
Mach III winter '03- Top Gun Award
Mach III spring '04- Top Gun Award
Mach III winter '04- Top Gun Award
Mach III spring '05- Top Gun Award
ASA winter '06
Mach III summer '06
Mach III winter '06- Top Gun Award
spacy chick
Camper
Camper

Post by spacy chick »

Ha no we usually don't have the cold weather problem...at least not as bad as you guys...we're wearing our skirts n' stuff...like our high today was 79 but of course we had wind :? Are team is basically doing the same as usual, we lost to the one team that we can beat in our section and that's it. Friday we're leaving for a two day tourn. im so excited!!! Of course we wont do that great b/c it's made up of TONS of teams but it should still be fun....question: do you use a backhand slice often? and when would you use it instead of a regular backhand....that's been bugging me for a while and i can't find a great answer....
~Siobhan
Space Camp 2000 - Cygnus- wk 38
Space Academy 2001 - IO- wk 36
Space Academy 2002 - Galileo- wk 38
Adv. Space Academy 2003 - Von Braun- 36
Adv. Space Academy 2004 - Von Braun- 37
tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

I do use a backhanded slice sometimes, but am not a big fan of it. I only use it when im hit a really low and hard shot to my backhand or im hit a slice to my backhand. Its a dangerous shot to use too often cuz its easy just to ding stuff back with it. hope that anwsers your question.... anywho. good luck at your tounrnament!! im sure your team will do well. .. for your district and state tournament do you do both team and individuals or just team?
ASA winter '06
Mach III summer '06
Carrie
Camper
Camper

Post by Carrie »

Okay, you're all invited to my pity party...I was hoping to meet astronaut candidate George Zamka at a maple festival today. It was about an hour from here, and there was nothing on their website this morning about it being cancelled, but when I got there, it was a no-go because the whole little town was about to get flooded!

This whole weekend has been a disaster...I was supposed to go out to dinner with my mother yesterday for my birthday, but she got an ear infection last week, so no-go there too...

Oh well, at least I'm not those poor people who are about to get washed out...
Adult Space Academy Sept. 24-26, 2004
tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

actually this weekend wasnt that great for me either. im not going to camp because of my tennis coach.
ASA winter '06
Mach III summer '06
psych0rabbit
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by psych0rabbit »

While we're all complaining about our crappy weekends, though I try not to show it, mine has been really tough too. I had to make one of the hardest decisions I've ever made, and it broke my heart.
Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

Sorry. :( My weekend wasnt bad but i did have the looming first day of the third tri hanging over my head all weekend.
~Space Nerd~

"This is not an anomoly, this is real life" -Dan

Game Over
spacecampaddict28
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by spacecampaddict28 »

I messed up two fingers playing softball....does that count? and i got home at 6 this morning so im dead tired but i cant sleep.
ASA Xmas Camp 05 (last one :()
ASA 12-day July 05
ASA 8-day Xmas Camp 04
ASA 8-day July 04
ASA June 04
ASA March 04
ASA Xmas Camp 03
ASA July 03
ASA March 03
ASA Xmas Camp 02
ASA Xmas Camp 01
SA 00
AC Mach II 99
SA 98
SC 97
meg
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by meg »

im adding mine too...
i have only slept 2 hours in the past 50ish hours. and...vincent...my bio was finished at around 4:30ish this morning, however it wouldnt attach to my email, so i couldnt go over to the u to print it. so i wasnt able to turn it in on the due date. so much for that entire weekend, literally, spent in front of that computer. oh, and walker does too rock! :D
(*~*) megan (*~*)

it's a time to seize the moment.
it's a time to move on.
cheshire
Camper
Camper

Post by cheshire »

My weekend was horrible as well. I love white water kayaking, but not when it is 30 degrees and snowing on the river. To top off the fact that it was freezing, I flipped over and the water was so cold I couldn't flip myself back over. I was under water for a minute until I finally got spit out of a hole after bailing out. I am sore everywhere now because I got pretty banged up.
"The secret of creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
Albert Einstein.
MAYTAG
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by MAYTAG »

i dont know what all of you are complaining about, my weekend was great, lol
ΣX IΓ 229

Mach II-July 6-12, 2002
ASA-July 5-11, 2003
Mach III- July 12-18, 2003
Mach III- July 3-9, 2004 Gunslingers (Callsign:Tiny)
ASA- July 10-16 Oberth
Carrie
Camper
Camper

Post by Carrie »

Wow, sounds like quite a few of us had a crummy weekend...well, time moves us forward if nothing else. Allison, you have my sympathies on the decision...I hate making decisions, especially tough ones. I hope it all works out. My week has been better than my weekend...I agreed to start volunteering at the science museum, and have orientation on Saturday. Through that, I'll probably end up taking an amateur radio course/licensing they're starting soon. Should be interesting...hope you're all having a better week!
spacy chick
Camper
Camper

Post by spacy chick »

I had my tennis tourn. this past weekend and our coach made us leave at the last possible min. on fri. :roll: of course we ran into traffic, stopped traffic for an hour and a half b/c some trucks ran into each other. We get to the place and they're calling out our names b/c we are supposed to be on courts playing...it was freezing cold and crazy windy besides all that my doubles partner made it to finals b/f losing so we did pretty good. over all our team got fourth though :( everyone wasn't playing their best but oh well...
~Siobhan
Space Camp 2000 - Cygnus- wk 38
Space Academy 2001 - IO- wk 36
Space Academy 2002 - Galileo- wk 38
Adv. Space Academy 2003 - Von Braun- 36
Adv. Space Academy 2004 - Von Braun- 37
psych0rabbit
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by psych0rabbit »

YAY! I gave blood today for the first time! :D I was surprised at how fast it went, didn't take long at all. Plus you get cookies and juice. :D I think the longest part was all the stuff they have you do before giving blood. Takes quite a while.
Carrie
Camper
Camper

Post by Carrie »

Yay psych0rabbit! I gave a total of 8 times (successfully) in college. I passed out (after finishing) the first time, and figured out I needed to drink a LOT of water beforehand. After college, it wasn't as easy to schedule, so I stopped...then became diabetic, and didn't think I could...turns out I could, but now I'm kind of afraid to give and have it really mess up my blood sugar levels. Maybe someday I'll get up the nerve again.
tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

I give every 8 weeks, except my last appt. my hemocrit was only 34 so i couldnt give, but i have i plan to try again this saturday
ASA winter '06
Mach III summer '06
psych0rabbit
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by psych0rabbit »

Our school had a blood drive today so a lot of people were giving. Unfortunately the next blood drive is before I can give again, so I'm a bit disappointed. :(

The lady in the blood mobile said I had really nice veins for giving. :) I was really nervous when I went in since I'd never given before, I didn't know what to expect. A friend was teasing me about the size of the needle this morning which didn't help, lol. I was terrified to look at the needle when they stuck it in, so I gazed out the window. Once I got comfortable with it, I got the nerve to look, but the blood pressure thing was in my way so I couldn't see my arm.

It was a great feeling to know what I was helping someone. I look forward to giving in the future. :)
meg
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by meg »

not just someone! three someones! :D
(*~*) megan (*~*)

it's a time to seize the moment.
it's a time to move on.
psych0rabbit
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by psych0rabbit »

YAY! :mrgreen: I'm a helpful person!
Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

I have yet to actually give blood since there was some debate over the actual quality of my blood (thyroid thing lol) but i worked at one in my high school. It was fun i got to MAKE people eat food and juice lol. They would get really angry when i told them that they had to sit for a minute and drink something but it was like in the rules so i had to... :D Eh, i had fun lol.
~Space Nerd~

"This is not an anomoly, this is real life" -Dan

Game Over