Webassign

A place to talk about any and all things not related to Space Camp.

Moderator: Vincent

cheshire
Camper
Camper

Webassign

Post by cheshire »

Does anyone elses school use webassign.com to drown their students with online homework?[/url]
.: Pj :.
Camper
Camper

Post by .: Pj :. »

In secondary school we used Moodle. Now, in university, we use Toledo ( it's a blackboard kind-a-thing ).
ISC 2004 ( Belgium ), Shepard-team
cheshire
Camper
Camper

Post by cheshire »

It's good to know that other people actually have to do online work. I don't like it at all. I'm beginning to dislike physics because of the thing, and I love physics :cry:
meg
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by meg »

we had to use the university of texas's student physics page. (go horns!) and i started to hate physicis because of it. and then someone hacked into it and i was happy cause they shut it down and we no longer had to do them. :D but then texas was like oh, but its so important so now they're hosting it on their site which is more secure. which saddens me. my class is thinking of ways that it could be shut down again. :twisted: heehee.
(*~*) megan (*~*)

it's a time to seize the moment.
it's a time to move on.
Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

*wonders if she is the only one who volunteered to take classes online...*
~Space Nerd~

"This is not an anomoly, this is real life" -Dan

Game Over
.: Pj :.
Camper
Camper

Post by .: Pj :. »

What's the problem with online tasks ?? :roll:
ISC 2004 ( Belgium ), Shepard-team
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by Benji »

I went to most of high school online and I'm taking a class online now (actually, I'm procrastinating on the work for it now).
Ad astra per aspera.
Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

My high school didnt offer many advanced classes so i just took whatever i wanted through distance learning at the local community college. I loved having classes online, i had the freedom to do what i wanted, when i wanted.
~Space Nerd~

Game Over
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

We actually have a school that is completely online! My brother attended said school after he had so many troubles with 'real' school. It is designed mostly for students with disabilities, students who live in remote areas of the country, and students who have other priorities and busy schedules (i.e. professional-level athletes, travelling military family, teenage pregnancy, mature students, etc.)

I took Religious Studies at the online school one summer, in and around my first trip to Space Camp and an international Girl Guide camp a week later. I liked it heaps because we got to do a lot more than we would have done in regular classes. Instead of being lectured on certain topics, we were given websites to go to, movies to watch, and books to read on our own. There were many study options available, so we were able to choose the one we liked most - which was great! They offered an online forum/e-mail where you could talk to students about assignments, etc. We still had to go into a physical school to take exams though, but some exams we could sit at home with a school-approved liason.

Actually, I am doing some online programmes right now for my Girl Guides training. It is okay, but it can be boring at times because you cannot discuss topics with other people. It's very linear...

I could never register for the full online programme though, as I do better in a hands-on environment.
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by Benji »

My program was similar to that, except they were testing it with all types of students. The goal was to eventually combine the online and regular programs to reduce school crowding and costs. The online school could have worked, except school district politics got in the way and the administrator eventually left. I dunno if the program is still around, but it was doing pretty poorly last time I checked.
Ad astra per aspera.
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

I am actually surprised how popular our online school (http://www.stgabe.com) has become! It could help that there are many students here who live in remote areas (on farms, up North, military, etc.) who would rather have 'classmates' than be homeschooled. The school is quite small and parent involvement is required, but it is growing... Maybe the online system does not work as well in larger population bases, where most kids prefer to attend class for the social aspect of it all. Who knows...
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

I loved taking classes online and debated getting my entire associates online so that i could work in an effort to pay for the next like 10 years of college. I decided against that but i'm still considering taking a couple this summer. I loved having the freedom of doing the work any time i wanted and not having to be in a noisy school. My quiet computer room was more than enough for me although the lack of socialization might have gotten to me after a while. :lol:
~Space Nerd~

Game Over
spacy chick
Camper
Camper

Post by spacy chick »

I took a math course over vtc (distance learning lab) and i couldn't stand it...i had tons of fun with the people i took the class with but when it got down to actually doing work it wasn't as easy...
~Siobhan
Space Camp 2000 - Cygnus- wk 38
Space Academy 2001 - IO- wk 36
Space Academy 2002 - Galileo- wk 38
Adv. Space Academy 2003 - Von Braun- 36
Adv. Space Academy 2004 - Von Braun- 37
shenandoah04
Counselor
Counselor

Post by shenandoah04 »

I have to use WebAssign for my Chem class, at Kennesaw. I'd been exposed to online learning stuff with my AP Bio class in HS, but I'm not too fond of the online stuff either. I love being online, but that's just my problem... there's so much else to DO online... like Hab1, and IMs and e-mails, and photobucket... and... I get distracted WAY too easily. I mean, I don't absolutely HATE WebAssign yet, but I hear you anyways:)
Lisα
---
2000/Week 41/Team Atlas
2001/Week 41/ Team Shepard
2002/Week 39/Team Gagarin
SC/Robotics Counselor 2009 :mrgreen:
tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

yeah my ap bio and ap chem classes also do tons of online computery stuff but we dont do web assignments we just do some activities online.
Mach III winter '03- Top Gun Award
Mach III spring '04- Top Gun Award
Mach III winter '04- Top Gun Award
Mach III spring '05- Top Gun Award
ASA winter '06
Mach III summer '06
Mach III winter '06- Top Gun Award