American Samoa Teacher of the Year faced discrimination on the way home from Camp

A place to talk about any and all things not related to Space Camp.

Moderator: Vincent

Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

American Samoa Teacher of the Year faced discrimination on the way home from Camp

Post by Benji »

This doesn't refect well on Huntsville:

"Suluai-Mahuka, a high school English teacher, wrote she departed Huntsville's U.S. Space & Rocket Center at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center on a "joyous high." She and all state teachers of the year had been invited to the space camp there. Later, though, that high was "abruptly replaced with one of panic, disbelief and hurt after my interaction with American Airlines at the Huntsville Airport.""

https://www.newsweek.com/american-samoa ... rt-1614370
Ad astra per aspera.
p51
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Re: American Samoa Teacher of the Year faced discrimination on the way home from Camp

Post by p51 »

Im not a fan of the Huntsville airport. Both times I've flown out of there, I was delayed substantially. Most times I've flown out of ATL and drove to Huntsville.
But as with all customer service issues, there are three sides to every story (hers, theirs and the actual facts). I've seen seemingly random people get treated by airline people completely different than others in the past, even among the exact same demographics.
Like the medical and utility industries, customer service really is paid lip service at best by airlines.
Skidmark
Space Academy: 2012, 2013 and 2014
Advanced Space Academy: 2016 and 2018

Undefeated for winning mission patch designs!
Official Space Camp Ambassador
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Re: American Samoa Teacher of the Year faced discrimination on the way home from Camp

Post by Benji »

p51 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:25 pm Im not a fan of the Huntsville airport.
I'm surprised. Beyond the cost (unavoidable in a small airport), I find the airport to be excellent.

I do agree entirely about there being multiple sides to a story and a general lack of airline "customer service". This being American Airlines in particular, I am not inclined to give the airline the benefit of the doubt.
Ad astra per aspera.