Practical Jokes

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Practical Jokes

Post by Benji »

Has anyone ever done/seen/heard about any good practical jokes done at Camp?

Of course, you're somewhat limited (by the short length of camp, of the surroundings, etc.). For example, you can't do classics such as removing all the furniture or stringing things up so they go flying when you open the door because everything is bolted down, there isn't much to move.

I've never done any before, but I'm preparing an aresenal to use at X-Mas Camp. I may let a few of you in on a few of the jokes, or you could be a subject, but until camp, the cat stays in the bag.

See y'all there! :wink:
Ad astra per aspera.
monkeynautt
Counselor
Counselor

Post by monkeynautt »

I have one we pulled on Becky. Becky took the EALD shift from another counselor and 3 of us from Goddard were stayig over. When we were at dinner she went to the IMAX to see if we could get into Apollo 13. She told Brent to keep an eye on us. He moved us to a table were Becky woul not be able to see us when she came back. We then got Jason to sit at the table we were at. We couldn't see her when she came back but Jason said she looked really funny and was like "where's my EALD group". We then kept bugging her that she had the group for less than an hour and still managed to loose us. It was really funny if you were there. And it was all Brent's idea. It was a good one.
-Laura
ASA:
Aug 2001 - Shepard
Aug 2002 - Shepard
July 2003 - Goddard
Dec 2003/Jan 2004 - Von Braun
May/June 2004 - Enterprise
Alumni SA:
June 2007 - Challenger
July 2009 - Columbia
Counselor:
Summer 2009
Robotics Counselor:
Summer 2010
stargazer0105
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by stargazer0105 »

Last year, Becky (the other one) told us that she used to tell camp kids that there was a button hidden in Challenger Rock that would cause Pathfinder to launch into space. She said they used to spend all of their free time trying to find that button.
Advanced Space Academy -July 13-19, 2002-Armstrong-Pilot
Advanced Space Academy -June 28-July 4, 2003-Von Braun-Pilot
ASA 12 day June 26-July 8, 2005
ApolloXI
Counselor
Counselor

Smiley and his games

Post by ApolloXI »

:lol: Smiley loves to play the circle game and say you have droped your pocket. Plus the counselors love to get Sara tied up but she almost beggs them to have her taped to the floor. Too get the images you have to copy and paste the adress to you browser address bar. [

http://www.geocities.com/SpaceCampTheMu ... Smiley.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/platypus282/ducttape.jpg
Chris
ASA,
Shepard
(12/27/02-01/03/03)
Von Braun
(12/28/03-01/03/04)
Atlantis
(07/03/04-07/10/04)
Adult Alumni Camp
Challenger
(06/14/07-06/17/07)
Columbia
(08/2/07-08/5/07)
Counselor Summer '08
M
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Post by M »

one year, the whole week, our goal was to steal all of the covers from the team book that the counselors carry... it had the team name and a picture of the person.. and anyways at graduation when they called the team up, we would hold up their team sign... it was fun cuz everyone was trying to steal them back and stuff... anywayss.... that's all
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by Benji »

'Drea told us a story about when Brent hid an entire team in a very small room (closet) inside the small classroom. I don't remember the details.

During EALD, we tried to hide to mess with the counselor, but it didn't turn out like we planned.
Ad astra per aspera.
M
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Post by M »

Brent was my counselor that week! It was hilarious!!! Brent was bored and didn't want to to do the daily review thing. so when drea left the room (there were 2 teams there) he shoved us all into the flight suit storage room in hab2... when drea got back she freaked out when she saw no one was there. so brent wandered in the room and started screaming at her like "you lost 36 kids! how the hell did you lose 36 kids!!" etc. she was horrified. they searched everywhere for like a half hour and then we all got back into the room. she came back to check and saw us all there and brent burst out laughing... she was pissed... but it was a good one :)
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by Benji »

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. I wish I was in that group. Would have been a blast.
Ad astra per aspera.
Space Camp Brainiac
Camper
Camper

Post by Space Camp Brainiac »

Hey, it gives me an idea of what to do when I get to Space Camp!!!! :twisted:
Emazon
Camper
Camper

Post by Emazon »

OOOH! I remember the stealing of the binders!!!

Ok, at Aviation Challenge, we messed with our counciler, Rugrat a LOT.
First off, EVERY day she got an apple and a salad, so when she left the table, we would take a bite out of the apple and put it back. Then she'd come back, growl and get a new one. After a few days, she started taking her apples with her. Then we moved to her tomatos. Finally she'd take her whole tray with her.
THEN... One day we decided to all sing "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling" to her at lunch. At a cue, we all stood on our stools and belted out the chorus, then we sat down and continued eating in silence. People clapped. It was cool.
Then, whenever anyone would cough, we would swap places while walking in formation-Left to right, front to back. She'd turn around and do a double take.

At graduation, we snuck apples out with us, and Roadkill yelled "PRESENT YOUR APPLES!" So we all get 'em out, hold em' out, bite them in unison, turn them around and put them on the podium singing 'You've lost that loving' feeling" with apple in our mouths. Rugrat left them on the podium.
"I ride the Short Orbiter to Space!"
"HEY! HO! LETS GO!"
"Stipper! STIPPER!"

One time SA Spacebowl Champ 1999
One time ASA MS Award Champ 2001
One time Mach 3 Admiral's Cup Champ 2002
One time ASA Area 51 Champ 2003
ethlar04
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by ethlar04 »

I had Rugrat a couple of weeks after you did that year, i remember she told us about it. Then we all started singing everywhere we went, and started getting requests from the other groups for songs, our best song was My Girl, which sang up to the second chorus, and we serenaded Rugrat at grad.

Another good practical joke is when you see see a small child, like a space camper or Mach I. Yell at them, "No running!" (this is especially good when the are calmly walking) usually they will stop and stare a you, then tell them to go back to the door and try it again. We did it to one kid in Hab 1, and we had him acting like the Hulk, and he looked really funny.
Ethan

Rensselaer Class of Whenever I Decide to stop Taking Classes!

Space Squirrel
Twinky
George Carlin
Render Your Face!!
Goddard Count off! (the special one)

Week 40 AC Mach III Jolly Rogers
Week 41 ASA Goddard Pilot
Emazon
Camper
Camper

Post by Emazon »

Oh, yeah, and this was sort of a practical joke-The Mach I's and II's would be surprised.
When we got off the bus this year, Pyro would yell "JOLLY ROGERS TO YOUR FEET!" and about 2 people would, at first, always bump their head, so it'd be *BAM* "OW!"
So then we'd ALL slam the side of the bus with our hands, for a big *BAM* and all yell OW!
It was great...
"I ride the Short Orbiter to Space!"
"HEY! HO! LETS GO!"
"Stipper! STIPPER!"

One time SA Spacebowl Champ 1999
One time ASA MS Award Champ 2001
One time Mach 3 Admiral's Cup Champ 2002
One time ASA Area 51 Champ 2003
spacecampaddict28
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by spacecampaddict28 »

In reference to the no running thing, I did that to kids all of the time. I would put on a counselor badge with my regular lanyard and yell no running. Then I would make kids turn around and do it again. Good times...
ASA Xmas Camp 05 (last one :()
ASA 12-day July 05
ASA 8-day Xmas Camp 04
ASA 8-day July 04
ASA June 04
ASA March 04
ASA Xmas Camp 03
ASA July 03
ASA March 03
ASA Xmas Camp 02
ASA Xmas Camp 01
SA 00
AC Mach II 99
SA 98
SC 97
ethlar04
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by ethlar04 »

If you can use a loud enough voice and look intimidating enough, it works without the councelor badge. I did it all the time with my trainee badge in plain sight.
Ethan

Space Squirrel
Twinky
George Carlin
Render Your Face!!

spacecampaddict28
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by spacecampaddict28 »

well i usuallky just wear my badge, but it is even funnier when they look down and think you work there and get that lovely little look of terror in their eyes....
ASA Xmas Camp 05 (last one :()
ASA 12-day July 05
ASA 8-day Xmas Camp 04
ASA 8-day July 04
ASA June 04
ASA March 04
ASA Xmas Camp 03
ASA July 03
ASA March 03
ASA Xmas Camp 02
ASA Xmas Camp 01
SA 00
AC Mach II 99
SA 98
SC 97
ethlar04
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by ethlar04 »

that look is very amusing, especially when one is wearing the AC BDUs or a green flightsuit, its very imposing.
Ethan

Space Squirrel
Twinky
George Carlin
Render Your Face!!