space camp scholarship

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

space camp scholarship

Post by Boomerang »

Before i post this let me point out i cleared this with Vincent before posting this. And Vincent if you feel its in the wrong spot please feel free to move this.

I know most of the people who are on this forum have been to or are going to be going to Space Camp or one of its many programs. Some of us were lucky enough to have parents or family pay our way, some had to work for the money, and some may have gotten a scholarship through Camp or some other group offering one. Well i'm here on behalf of a group trying to raise money to send a young person to Space Camp next year.

I'm here representing STARFLEET the International Star Trek fan Orginization's Region 1 Space Camp Scholarship fund. Each year we try to raise enough money to pay camp tuition for one young person from our 8 state region including Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Kentucky, Tennessee, Indiana and Ohio to Space Camp. The scholarship offers 1,100.00 to the winner to pay camp tuition and fees. We do not cover transportation. At the moment we have raised about 600.00 this year and the rest has to be raised by November or we can not send a camper next year. I've been seeking donations from within the orginization, and from Space Camp friends and coleagues. Even Vincent contributed. Thank you Vincent. I'm hoping i can get some of the members here to contribute. The easiest way and prefferred way to donate to keep track of donations from non members would be through my chapter's paypal address. Donations can be sent to [email protected] andf will be added to the total chapter donation. The child who is selected via an essay contest has to be the child of or in the legal guardianship of a STARFLEET member within our region. Any donations will go to help send a deserving child to this once in a lifetime experience that so many of us have enjoyed.
For more information on STARFLEET visit www.sfi.org
For information on the Scholarship program yubcan visit our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/1379586639015755/
If you have any questions please pm here and i'll be happy to answer them.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Re: space camp scholarship

Post by Boomerang »

I just wanted to post an update on this. We were able to raise the funds to send one of our members to Space Camp for the first time since 2008. Our scholarship winner looks like he will be attending Space Academy in August of this year. I would also like to thank Vincent for donating to this cause. And let everyone know we are looking for donations for next year as well.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador