So, who's ready for 2015?

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

gt0163c
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: So, who's ready for 2015?

Post by gt0163c »

A week at camp sounds like an excellent use for the vacation time that I'm not going to end up taking this year. Hopefully the dates will work out for me to go.
Level I Aug '89-Rockwell
Level II Aug '91-Lockheed Engineering
Level II Aug '92-Lockheed Aerospace-Right Stuff Award
Adult ASA Sept '07-Marshall MS
Adult ASA Train With an Astronaut-Oct '15-Discovery-Commander's Cup, Challenger Award, Alumni Coin
p51
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by p51 »

I just got back on Monday from the best group I've ever worked with. Going through serious post-camp depression as there's a chance I might be able to go next year due to a trip my wife and I are planning...
Skidmark
Space Academy: 2012, 2013 and 2014
Advanced Space Academy: 2016 and 2018

Undefeated for winning mission patch designs!
Official Space Camp Ambassador
Hotdog
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Hotdog »

Ah, I remember the post-camp depression! It's like a really bad hangover, but lasts for days, even weeks!

Can't wait to hear all of the stories from you and Steve about your trip. Team Discovery, correct? I had planned to come down to visit Sprocket on Saturday, but some family issues came up that prevented me from going. I was hoping to bump into you guys.
4-time Space Camp/Academy alumni
1989, 1991*, 1992, 1994
*Right Stuff Award Winner
p51
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by p51 »

Hotdog wrote:Can't wait to hear all of the stories from you and Steve about your trip. Team Discovery, correct? I had planned to come down to visit Sprocket on Saturday, but some family issues came up that prevented me from going. I was hoping to bump into you guys.
Yep, they formed our team from SC alumni. We were up against that facebook group and a group of random first-timers. Poor folks, they didn't stand a chance.
It was odd that so many people knew me when we got there, I had three people on my team who already knew me from here and my SC site, and two others from the other teams did as well. One staff member said they were aware of my domination of the mission patch contests already.
Not only got to meet Hoot Gibson finally, but Dr. Barnhart even came by the last morning we were there, watching a CBS news show where they'd filmed 'B reel' stuff with her and our team!
Won best mission patch from my design again, I'm now 3-0. :mrgreen:
I'll post all about it as soon as I can get my photos uploaded and get time to write up about the experience.
Skidmark

wxnerdjenn
Camper
Camper

Post by wxnerdjenn »

I look forward to it. I'm a member of that facebook group (just to live vicariously through them, I don't actually know any of them) so I've seen their pictures and their stories. Sounds like it was an awesome camp last weekend!
January 16-18, 2015 - Adult 3 Day Space Camp
Team Challenger
---Alpha: Science Officer in MOCR ---- Bravo: Pilot ---- Charlie: Commander
October 11-16, 2015 - Adult Advanced Space Academy
majtom7
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by majtom7 »

John Ramsey posted on Facebook to look for dates posting around yearend 2014 for the pilot week long camps.
"I wanted to be humble, never arrogant, which is a trait astronauts despise." Mike Massimino
p51
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by p51 »

I know the alumni discussion at the end of the 4-day session this month mentioned longer adult programs in 2015.
From that, I'd assume many adult SC fans to be holding off on their plans until the 2015 schedule is formalized to see if they can get into a week-long program or not.
For me, I doubt I'll be able to make a week-long camp next year, would probably do a 3-day session as it would call for as little time off needed as possible...
Skidmark

SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

We'll be there for 2015! Cannot wait!
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
p51
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by p51 »

SpaceCanada wrote:We'll be there for 2015! Cannot wait!
I seriously doubt I'll make it for 2015. Next year my wife and I have two trips planned; one is a road trip to Yellowstone Park (it's a full day's drive from where we live) for our 15th anniversary for a week. Then, we're tentatively planning a trip to NYC with some friends of ours for the Fall. I'll be quite lucky if I can get the time off for that (it's almost impossible to get any time off where I work) and it'd likely be right in the middle of the normal timeframe for me to hit SC. That, coupled with how ticked off my Mom was that I went all the way to Kennedy Space center this year and didn't stop by to see them (they live about halfways between there and Huntsville, nowhere nearby as I was flying to all these places), I truly doubt SC is in the cards for me in 2015.
Yeah, I'm seriously bummed at that prospect.
Skidmark

street
Counselor
Counselor

Post by street »

For those of you interested in a 2015 camp, the Black Friday-Cyber Monday deal includes a $100 discount off the adult weekend price. As far as I know that could be applied to either 3 or 4 day programs. http://www.spacecamp.com/blackfriday?ut ... m_content=
Living the dream
majtom7
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by majtom7 »

Alas, if only the week long programs were on the schedule.
"I wanted to be humble, never arrogant, which is a trait astronauts despise." Mike Massimino