Just got back!

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

coolgal
Camper
Camper

Just got back!

Post by coolgal »

I just got home from my second year of Advanced Space Academy (during international week) and it was the most fun I have ever had! I am so glad that Space Camp exists and that kids from all over the world have the amazing opportunity to take part in the adventure of a lifetime. Camp was amazing. We were doing something every minute of every day with no free time to spare but it didn't even matter because of how much fun it was. I'm so lucky to have met so many amazing people from so many different countries, and to have taken part in Advanced Academy this week. Space Camp forever! <3
ASA 2013
ASA 2014
ASA 2015
Hotdog
Top Gun
Top Gun

Re: Just got back!

Post by Hotdog »

Welcome back! You are lucky to get to go during International week, it is a unique experience. Did you represent your home state? How did Camp this year compare to last year? Anything crazy happen during your missions? We always love to hear stories from returning campers.
4-time Space Camp/Academy alumni
1989, 1991*, 1992, 1994
*Right Stuff Award Winner
p51
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by p51 »

Pics!
We want photos!
:mrgreen:
Skidmark
Space Academy: 2012, 2013 and 2014
Advanced Space Academy: 2016 and 2018

Undefeated for winning mission patch designs!
Official Space Camp Ambassador
coolgal
Camper
Camper

Post by coolgal »

It was even better than last year, and that's pretty hard to do! I'll definitely go next year. I'm pretty sad though, because it will be the last year I can go to advanced Academy. :( I didn't represent my state; there were a lot of people from Tennessee this year. Nothing too exciting happened during missions this year which was a bit disappointing, but the rest of the camp experience definitely made up for it. Meeting people from all over the world was absolutely my favorite part. It's so amazing to learn about everyone's cultures all while learning so much about the space program. I really think that going to Space Camp is one of my total favorite things to do. I should also add that the crew trainers were AMAZING this year. Mine knew so much about any question I could think to ask! One thing that was different this year was they put all of the girls in Hab 2 and all of the boys in Hab1, so every girl in advanced Academy shared a room with about 30 other girls. It was strange to get used to at first but in the long run it made it that much better to see everyone and not just the people in your room. I'll try to find some pictures to post.
ASA 2013
ASA 2014
ASA 2015
coolgal
Camper
Camper

Post by coolgal »

My rocket being launched
My rocket being launched
Scan0024.jpg (242 KiB) Viewed 3274 times
Scan0023.jpg