Do Adult program patch designs get left off the website?

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

p51
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Do Adult program patch designs get left off the website?

Post by p51 »

When my team won best mission patch at SC for my design (it's the image aboe my name to the right), I was told they needed to keep my original redering so they could scan it for the website.
Not only did it never get there, I don't see where any of the other adult program designs got there, either: http://www.spacecamp.com/gallery/thumbn ... ?album=214
Now, if that's because the adult programs have the possibly of having designs which are much better designed than the kid-created ones (as there's a chance of having a professionally-trained artist such as myself making the design whereas kids don't have that possibility), then I can agree with leaving them off.
But was it just being lazy? I must admit I was quite let down not to see my design on the website. I think even among the adult groups, the designs rarely get done by people with skills in that area. The design mine beat out looked like a 12-year-old did it (no offense intended if anyone from that team ever reads this) and most adults lack the skills to create something like that anyway.
I worked darned fast and furious on mine and it really turned out well. It's a shame that nobody will ever see it other than the people who were at camp with me or anyone who reads my posts on the subject. And if they were never going to scan it, I feel cheated that I wasn't allowed to take the original drawing home with me.
Skidmark
Space Academy: 2012, 2013 and 2014
Advanced Space Academy: 2016 and 2018

Undefeated for winning mission patch designs!
Official Space Camp Ambassador
gt0163c
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Do Adult program patch designs get left off the website?

Post by gt0163c »

I know they used to put the adult team patches up on the site. http://www.spacecamp.com/gallery/displa ... fullsize=1 is the one my team at adult ASA made back in 2007.
Level I Aug '89-Rockwell
Level II Aug '91-Lockheed Engineering
Level II Aug '92-Lockheed Aerospace-Right Stuff Award
Adult ASA Sept '07-Marshall MS
Adult ASA Train With an Astronaut-Oct '15-Discovery-Commander's Cup, Challenger Award, Alumni Coin
p51
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by p51 »

I wonder why they stopped doing this? I initially thought it was because the adult programs had the capability to produce designs the kid programs likely wouldn't, but most adults have crummy artisitic skills and kids are more creative anyway at that age.
Maybe it's self-centered of me, but I'm pretty let down that my design never got onto the site as I was happy with how it turned out and based on the reaction of the staff (and the other team) to seeing it, I think mine was well above the quality they usually see.
Skidmark

p51
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by p51 »

Well, look like they left off all the adult patch designs this year, too: http://www.spacecamp.com/gallery/thumbn ... ?album=257
That ticks me off, because two times now they announced that the winning design would go onto the website and it didn't... :x
Skidmark

p51
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by p51 »

Okay, I just looked on the site again, and noticed that other Adult program patches are on the 2013 listing now. You can tell by the date range.
MINE was specifically left out. And I wanna know why. :x
Anyone at SC, who do I call or e-mail about this?
I sent a general message contact through the website, voicing how I wasn't happy at all to see this and asking why this is.
I still have good scans of each (and the original for this year's one), so they can't say they can't post what they don't have.
Skidmark

street
Counselor
Counselor

Post by street »

Lee, if you will email me the copy you have of your 2012 design I'll have it put on the web site. Your 2013 design has been sent to our webmaster should show up within the next few days. I cannot answer why I didn't get it or the 2013 design initially, but I do apologize for the oversite and will rectify the situation. I've sent you a private message with my email address.
Living the dream
p51
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by p51 »

THANKS!
Nice to see the 2013 one made it onto the site tonight.
I'll send the 2012 one via e-mail when I get to me home computer tonight.
:D
Skidmark