The Marshall Plan

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

Hotdog
Top Gun
Top Gun

The Marshall Plan

Post by Hotdog »

Hi guys,

In case you haven't heard the news, the Marshall bus tours are (tentatively) set to start back in July. I plan on coming back down to Huntsville to check it out (excited!).

I thought I might attempt to get a small group of alumni together of those who might be in the area to go and rediscover the "new" Marshall tour together as a group. The date I am shooting for is July 21 (moon landing weekend), assuming the tours start back as planned on the 15th.

Anyone up for it?
4-time Space Camp/Academy alumni
1989, 1991*, 1992, 1994
*Right Stuff Award Winner
p51
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by p51 »

COOL! Hopefully I can get a tour in either before I check in the morning of camp or after it's done when I go in September.
Skidmark
Space Academy: 2012, 2013 and 2014
Advanced Space Academy: 2016 and 2018

Undefeated for winning mission patch designs!
Official Space Camp Ambassador
Hotdog
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Hotdog »

Marshall tours used to be part of Space Camp, you got to go as part of the experience. So, perhaps when bringing back the tours, Space Camp will also put these tours back into their camper schedules!
1989, 1991*, 1992, 1994
airkale
Camper
Camper

Post by airkale »

Man i have been waiting for the tours to start for a long while. In fact, i went back to the hall of fame with Vincent and Jason two years ago for the tour. It didnt happen, i was sad.

If we can do another get together i might be up for that. Keep me in the loop. Currently i am in the process of a job change, which also means my plane is going away. I will be in the Houston area now so i gotta figure out the transportation. It's too far to drive to Huntsville from Houston.
Kale

Space Camp(Thiokol, 94,P/S: Columbia),Space Academy(Boeing,95,CMDR: Discovery),AC Mach II("Ace",97),Adult Alumni Academy(Columbia,07),Adult Alumni Academy(Columbia,08). Been a frequent visitor to USSRC over all the years since.
Hotdog
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Hotdog »

Kale, when are you due to move to Houston? Will it be in or after July? It would be great if you could make it to Huntsville one more time. I will keep this thread updated as well as the group event on Facebook.
1989, 1991*, 1992, 1994
airkale
Camper
Camper

Post by airkale »

Well the exact time line I don't have at this point. I just commited to the move last week. In the future, when I'm in Houston, it means I will probably fly commercially to Huntsville. I would imagine that I will be hot and heavy with the house hunting next month.
Kale

Space Camp(Thiokol, 94,P/S: Columbia),Space Academy(Boeing,95,CMDR: Discovery),AC Mach II("Ace",97),Adult Alumni Academy(Columbia,07),Adult Alumni Academy(Columbia,08). Been a frequent visitor to USSRC over all the years since.
Hotdog
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Hotdog »

More details about the return of the Marshall tours.

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2012/06/us_ ... us_to.html
1989, 1991*, 1992, 1994
airkale
Camper
Camper

Post by airkale »

Good write up, I wonder if all the old stops will be on the new tour. I saw mention of further tour stop development after starting again. I wonder what other things they could have in mind?
Kale

p51
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by p51 »

Once anyone knows for sure if the tour is a part of camp now, please post it here. Otherwise, I need to plan on doing the tour the day before I check into camp or the day I'm done.
Skidmark

airkale
Camper
Camper

Post by airkale »

Has anyone taken the tour yet?
Kale

Steve
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Steve »

I seen the tour starts back July 15.
Hotdog
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Hotdog »

We now have me, WesL, Steve, and Benji as going, Richasi and Airkale as possible, and -maybe- Vincent :D

I will wait to see how the bus tours go this weekend before calling to get a schedule for our Saturday. Still aiming at an early afternoon 1-2pm-ish as long as no one else has any objections.

Personally, I'm debating on if I should drive down Friday night, or wait till Saturday. Either way I'll likely stay the night, if anyone else who is traveling wants to split a room (to make the trip easier).
1989, 1991*, 1992, 1994
Vincent
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Vincent »

It's a good plan, I just can't do it!

The "it's too soon" joke was just a joke...mostly.

But your July 21 tour is on the same day that International Space Camp starts!

I will be covering that event, as per usual.
Steve
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Steve »

The bus tour information is posted on the space center web site. Only two tours on Saturday's. Looking forward to the 21st. :lol:
Hotdog
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Hotdog »

Thanks Steve! Good work. I will call and find out the times for the 21st. Only two stops though...kinda disappointing! I know they will drive us by all the test stands, but I was hoping for some new surprises.

http://www.spacecamp.com/mu/bustour
1989, 1991*, 1992, 1994
Steve
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Steve »

We may need to arrive early to be sure to get tickets. Please see if we can buy in advance. Looking forward to going again. Thanks
Hotdog
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Hotdog »

I will be arriving the day before and spending the night. I am going to call tomorrow and see if there is a way we can make a reservation of some kind, and nail down a tour time. I'll keep ya posted!
1989, 1991*, 1992, 1994
Steve
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Steve »

Great, looking forward to the information.
p51
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by p51 »

So has anyone yet confirmed that the tour will be part of space camp? If so, will it also be included in the weekend adult version?
Skidmark

Steve
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Steve »

Hotdog is getting information Monday. He will place information back on this thread. I be at the space center Saturday if you P51 got any more questions, I will glad to get some more information about space camp. P51 when are you going to space camp? I am going Sep. 7.
I'm looking forward to it. :lol: