ASA 12 day in 2010???

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

ASA 12 day in 2010???

Post by Boomerang »

Well i was just on facebook and this group has been created to discuss upcoming plans for advanced space academy 12 day in 2010. Looks like the AC 12 day must have been a big success and they look like they are bringing back 12 day ASA. Too bad i'm not under 18 anymore. I saw the 12 day program running in 07 made me wish i could attend as a yoth again. I guess we shall see. Their is no info posted as yet just a facebook group.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group ... 175&ref=nf
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
Mercergl
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Mercergl »

That would be awesome. I wish I could go to a 12 day one.
Don't Panic
-The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

Space Academy 6 Day- Week 39 2006
Space Academy 8 Day- Week 40 2007
Advanced Academy 8 Day- Week 40 2008
Advanced Academy 6 Day- Week 40 2009
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

For those of us adults longing for the 12-day programme: I must say, the 8-day adult programme is a really good compromise. If anything, they crammed 12 days worth of stuff into 8 days in 2004. They used a lot of the 12-day programming for the 8-day adults. All is not lost for us adults, they have the 8-day camp every year!! (They just don't advertise it.)

Still - a 12-day youth programme is awesome. I am certain it will be sold out like the 12-day Mach III camps.
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
street
Counselor
Counselor

Post by street »

It is official. There will be an ASA 12 Day program next summer. There will be one session in June and one session in July. Dates have not yet been confirmed.

Registration for the program will be like the Mach III 12 Day this summer. It will not be available through on-line registration. If you want to attend you must call the reservation center.

A direct quote from my boss:
This will not be advertised and kids can only register by calling in to call center. They must have attended AA before (it will be checked). Once we are sold out, we will make a waiting list.
Trainees graduating from ASA last Friday were the first informed. I know of two who will definitely be signing up.

Y'all have fun with this!
Living the dream
crash22
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Post by crash22 »

I attended the 12 day ASA and it was amazing! I think my class was the last to go before they discontinued it (until now!). Its definitely worth it and everyone will have a blast! I wish I could go again, but I will be too old next summer. =[
12-Day ASA 2007 - Crash - Team Scotty
SCManager
Counselor
Counselor

It's True

Post by SCManager »

Yes, it is official ASA 12 day returns in 2010. All information will be passed through facebook, Hab1, etc. There will not be any official listing of the program on the website. We will notify everyone via one of the 12 day group pages or forums of when registration will open and when the camps will be. Keep tuning in for more details. To register you will have to call in. Once the slots are filled, all other requests will go on to a waiting list. All registrants will have to be approved after checking for required attendance to 6 day Advanced. Keep checking back for more details. The link that is posted will take you to the official 12 day facebook page. Registration is not open yet. It will begin sometime in October.. Thanks for posting on here to get the ball rolling Boomerang, I was getting to it.