Beyond 2007

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

alumniandi
Counselor
Counselor

Beyond 2007

Post by alumniandi »

Sorry it has been a while! I take full responsibility for my absences. I could make excuses and maybe even make a good case for my Epic Failure; but my comrade at arms has called for and will receive my services! Below is a recent excerpt from Hab1. I only include for you to know that I am still listening and will commit myself fully again.

My main suggestions though have to deal with the Alumni in general. If this program is to be successful Alumni relations need to be stepped up to at least where they were in 2007. I know this was during the 25th anniversary so a lot of effort was made that year to get alumni back. The Alumni Andi MySpace page was always active, there were frequent updates regular news letters 2 alumni camps, and the camps were a day longer than the normal weekend camps. Alumni were kept informed and were really made excited about the events. Last year however alumni Andi's site just went quiet. I never saw anything posted about alumni camp except here and the main camp website even the many Facebook space camp groups were quiet on the subject.” From Boomerang

I agree completely with your comments. But, it can’t only be done by Alumni Andi. If we deliver a quality product, the alumni must do their part and come. I pledge to give my 120% from now until July 11, 2009 to make the HOF event the best HOF yet. I will stay up late nights to read blogs, make post on Hab1, and work on Facebook, MySpace, MyFace or Spacebook. I will volunteer my time outside of work to the U.S. Space & Rocket Center to get the word out about the HOF event. I will contact whoever will listen and those who will not listen to my rhetoric. I will shout from the top of the Saturn V… MAX Q is coming, if indeed they do! But I call upon you… the alumni to make your way to the Davidson Center for Space Exploration on July 11th, 2009 to support this cause. The only way we will make a difference is if we all support the events this summer and beyond. You want us to be successful with alumni relations? Then we all need to step up! Are you with me!

Do not misunderstand this message, I am not angry… I am determined to be as focused as I was in 2007!
Alumni Andi

"We choose to go to the moon, in this decade, not because it is easy, but because it is hard."
alumniandi
Counselor
Counselor

HOF Planning

Post by alumniandi »

Right now we only have a very tentative outline to report about the weekend. Nothing has been finalized and no prices have been sent. I can report that we are planning the event to be much more casual than the past two years. The committee is considering a three tiered event, the induction ceremony, dinner, and party afterwards with MaxQ or another band. During the event they are looking at a silent auction. There will most likely be an adult camp, day camp for kids under 12, and tours for alumni & families around camp. So there will be lots of options if you want to come for the weekend or just for the day. Keep in mind they will also have the Apollo Reunion on the night before. This will bring a few Apollo era astronauts to the Center. Price point is a strong consideration. So any input you may have please let me know.

Nothing is locked in yet, MaxQ is not booked and the astronaut guests are not completely set. But I wanted to give a pencil sketch of what the event might look like.
Alumni Andi

"We choose to go to the moon, in this decade, not because it is easy, but because it is hard."