what happened to time of courage theater in the museum?

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

Wildman914
Camper
Camper

what happened to time of courage theater in the museum?

Post by Wildman914 »

I just got back from the USSRC museum and I couldnt wait to watch the "time for courage" video over and over. I found out they took it out and the theater it used to be in has some apollo stuff there instead. I asked one of the guides to help me find it since I havent been there since 2003. He asked another guide and she said they rearranged it today. anyone whos works there can find out what happened to it? its no where to be found in the museum. thank goodness for youtube for having it on there!!

The Davidson center is really awesome! it really blew my mind. They really did a awesome job with it!
ASA June 1999 Team Armstrong
Adult ASA August 17-22 2008
Team Marshall Right Stuff Award
"shaking with awesomeness"
airkale
Camper
Camper

Post by airkale »

When we graduated this year, they played that video in front of everyone. I don't know if the VHS tape they had was bad or the video is just that old, but the quality was bad.
Kale

Space Camp(Thiokol, 94,P/S: Columbia),Space Academy(Boeing,95,CMDR: Discovery),AC Mach II("Ace",97),Adult Alumni Academy(Columbia,07),Adult Alumni Academy(Columbia,08). Been a frequent visitor to USSRC over all the years since.
zepkeme
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Post by zepkeme »

I thought I saw the video in a room after the museum entrance (blue hallway), which I assume to be the theater. There were very few benches with a tv playing what looked like the video played at graduation. This was on Sunday mid-afternoon.

Hope this helps.

Melissa Zepke
Mdanner423
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Mdanner423 »

Took my kids to it two days ago, it's still there! Just on a flat panel tv instead of the projector, I personally liked the projector much better! The sound is always turned wayyyyy down, so I always turn it up.
-Matthew
monkeynautt
Counselor
Counselor

Post by monkeynautt »

Seeing A Time for Courage is a must. I still remember my counsellor Michelle taking us (my 2nd trip to camp - didn't see it the first time) and then afterwards saying something like "now that I remember how bad it is I won't make you watch it again". I actually have a copy of it plus a few other music videos that were included on my 8 day mission dvd.
-Laura
ASA:
Aug 2001 - Shepard
Aug 2002 - Shepard
July 2003 - Goddard
Dec 2003/Jan 2004 - Von Braun
May/June 2004 - Enterprise
Alumni SA:
June 2007 - Challenger
July 2009 - Columbia
Counselor:
Summer 2009
Robotics Counselor:
Summer 2010
commanderkid
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Post by commanderkid »

is that the video that was in the corner of the museum in that room with the cheesy music and the quote about the dancing shoes? That video caused one of the biggest fiasco's with my team. We nearly had two campers sent home because of it. This happened in the summer of 1995. My first team ever at camp, and if you remember how it used to be set up you would remember that the walls were covered with a series of curtains. Well two members of team BDM, john and abby, decided to go behind the curtain and do what teenagers do. Needless to say they wer caught and all hell broke loose.