Videos on YouTube

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

Andrew
Camper
Camper

Videos on YouTube

Post by Andrew »

I'm working to get some Space Camp videos up online - here I have a few of the recent marketing videos up, but I would like more user contributed content.

If you've got videos or slide-shows up from your trips in the past - please let me know. I'd love to Favorite them on our account.

The new site design I'm working on has a proposed area for "Featured Videos" and so if I can Favorite you -- your video could end up on the Space Camp web site- How cool would that be?

I've got a great one from the first Adult Camp in 1986- and a few others I spotted, including some news reports and other goodies. Check it out if you get a chance and let me know if you've got other video to share!

Thanks-
Andrew Mays
Webmaster
U.S. Space & Rocket Center
Pete Conrad Fan
Camper
Camper
Location: Ocala, Gainesville, Jacksonville, St. Augustine, Lake City, Orlando, FL

Post by Pete Conrad Fan »

I sent a friend request. I have a couple videos from my Alumni visit, but they're on Photobucket. The files were too big for You Tube.
-Sarah

Space Academy Level I 9/1990 - BDM
Aviation Challenge Basic 6/1991 - F-16 Falcons, "Tigger", Red Flag Award
Alumni Space Academy 8/2007 - Columbia
Andromeda462
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Post by Andromeda462 »

I have a few videos from Space Camp on my Youtube account if you're interested. My account name is Andromeda462
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

I have 3 Space Camp slide show videos on you tube under lb206
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
iheartspacecamp
Camper
Camper

Post by iheartspacecamp »

Cool.. I eventually want to put my space camp video from 1991 online somehow but I don't have the right stuff to do it yet!
Space Camp - 4/14/91 - 4/19-91 - Saturn team
Academy I - 4/18/93 - 4/23/93 - Mart. Marietta B
Academy I - 7/3/94 - 7/8/94 - Thiokol B
Alumni Academy 8/2/07 - 8/5/07 - Columbia
Pete Conrad Fan
Camper
Camper
Location: Ocala, Gainesville, Jacksonville, St. Augustine, Lake City, Orlando, FL

Post by Pete Conrad Fan »

iheartspacecamp wrote:Cool.. I eventually want to put my space camp video from 1991 online somehow but I don't have the right stuff to do it yet!
Ooo yes! I just got mine transferred to DVD...I'll need to upload it!
-Sarah

Space Academy Level I 9/1990 - BDM
Aviation Challenge Basic 6/1991 - F-16 Falcons, "Tigger", Red Flag Award
Alumni Space Academy 8/2007 - Columbia
Andromeda462
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Post by Andromeda462 »

Someone should create one channel where all space camp videos could be put in one place.
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

I didn't even think of that and i have a machine to record VHS to DVD then it could be uploaded to online. I have one from 1991 and one from 1993 that could be done when i get time.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
Andrew
Camper
Camper

Post by Andrew »

Andromeda462 wrote:Someone should create one channel where all space camp videos could be put in one place.
This sort of concept is what I'm working towards- with the added benefit of being able to showcase some of your adventures on the main spacecamp.com site.

The proopsed "Featured Videos" on the main site should get TONS of views from being on the site- the main Space Camp video that is up on the home page nearly doubled the number of views in the two days it's been up. So I'm pretty excited that I'll get a chance to broadcast what you all have captured and created--

In my opinion - what we have here on campus is just equipment, computers and simulations -- it's nothing without a bright mind and the youthful enthusiasm of discovery. The campers- the alumni -- YOU are Space Camp.

And that's why it's important to me to try to collect your videos and get them up online so that other folks might see that.

Pete Conrad Fan wrote: Ooo yes! I just got mine transferred to DVD...I'll need to upload it!
Boomerang wrote:I didn't even think of that and i have a machine to record VHS to DVD then it could be uploaded to online. I have one from 1991 and one from 1993 that could be done when i get time.
Let me know when you get your vidoes online! I look forward to seeing them.
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

While not on YouTube, I do have two videos of the Aviation Challenge centrifuge, some of the MAT, and a bunch I downloaded form the internet a few years back. I will not be publishing them to YouTube, but I can always e-mail them to anyone who wants them.
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
rkolker
Camper
Camper

Space Camp 1986

Post by rkolker »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RbRn8xPJUjA&feature=related

Please excuse the quality. This is a computer capture of a DVD of a Beta tape recorded off the air in the basement of Hab 2 (then "the bubble") in 1986.
++rich
Enterprise Team - Founded 1985
Conan
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Videos

Post by Conan »

I have some from Adult Advanced Academy in 1996 an Pilot/Copilot in 1998 that I actually edited in a cable studio and added graphics, etc.
I sent copies to my counselors both times but they probably didn't leave them at Space Camp. I'll see if I can put them on You Tube and let you know. They are fairly long.
Conan
1988-Adult Lev. I
1994-Parent/Child
1996-Adult Lev. II
1997-Adult AC
1998-P/C
1999-Pilot/Copilot
2000-P/C FL
2000-Adv. Adult Acad
2001-Adult AC
2004-Pilot/Copilot,
2007-Adult Alum.Reunion
2009-P/C
2014 - Adult 4-Day
2015 - Advance Adult Academy
Andrew
Camper
Camper

Re: Videos

Post by Andrew »

rkolker wrote:http://youtube.com/watch?v=RbRn8xPJUjA&feature=related

Please excuse the quality. This is a computer capture of a DVD of a Beta tape recorded off the air in the basement of Hab 2 (then "the bubble") in 1986.

Rkolker - That video from the news and the black and white mission footage was some of the first I added as favorites to our account.

It's definitely good stuff- I encourage all to check it out.

Conan wrote:I have some from Adult Advanced Academy in 1996 an Pilot/Copilot in 1998 that I actually edited in a cable studio and added graphics, etc.
I sent copies to my counselors both times but they probably didn't leave them at Space Camp. I'll see if I can put them on You Tube and let you know. They are fairly long.
Sounds great! I think the limit is 10 mins so you might have to break it down to shorter bits and pieces/chapters/sections etc.

SpaceCanada wrote:While not on YouTube, I do have two videos of the Aviation Challenge centrifuge, some of the MAT, and a bunch I downloaded form the internet a few years back. I will not be publishing them to YouTube, but I can always e-mail them to anyone who wants them.

Hope you enjoy digging the videos out and watching these again, even if they never make it onto YouTube!

Thanks also for offering to share them with everyone.

-A
Andrew
Camper
Camper

Good Morning America Videos posted to YouTube

Post by Andrew »

Just wanted to let you guys be the first to know(okay the second to know, I did just tell my boss) that we DVR'd and got the Good Morning America footage online-- so if you slept late, had to work or just flat out forgot and missed it-- you can check out the coverage.

Currently the segments are our featured videos on the homepage- so just goto spacecamp.com and hit the play button -- or you can find the playlist in our profile at YouTube, we're spacecampusa --

Thanks!

-Andrew
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

...and Vincent was so kind to post them on the Hab1.com homepage as well. I don't have TV, let alone American TV, so it was nice to see the clips. I remember a a vote a while back about the eighth wonder of the world and I know a lot of people voted for the Saturn V. Glad to see it made 'wonder' status somewhere.
- Jennifer -
Deimos
Camper
Camper

Post by Deimos »

I'm astrogirl587 on youtube, i have a few vids on there from camp last year, and will soon add the ones from this year :)
Space Academy
Week 40- Deimos June 26-July 1st 2005
Advanced Space Academy
Week 42- Von Tiesenhausen July 2-7 2006
Week 41- Von Tiesenhausen July 1-6 2007
Week 40 - Goddard June 27- July 4th 2008
Adult Space Academy
October 10-13th 2014 Team Discovery
Andrew
Camper
Camper

Post by Andrew »

our latest video is up- with another coming soon (possibly later today or tonight) -it's posted on the homepage at http://www.spacecamp.com
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

It's Batman!
- Jennifer -
alumniandi
Counselor
Counselor

New Videos!

Post by alumniandi »

Batman has arrived at the USSRC - go and check out his time at camp on Youtube!
Alumni Andi

"We choose to go to the moon, in this decade, not because it is easy, but because it is hard."