New Quiz

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

alumniandi
Counselor
Counselor

New Quiz

Post by alumniandi »

Our webmaster is working on updating the Space Camp Website and has a BETA quiz that he wants people to take and let him know if there are any issues with.

We've been working on a quiz for the Space Camp web site- and I figure there's no better place to put the system through some serious testing than by posting it here on MySpace! [<-- copy & paste is the devil, no?! --Mod]

There are 5 levels of question difficulty and a high-score board for the 20 smartest SpaceCadets... will you be among the top?

Take the Quiz Now

Remember this is a BETA TEST of the quiz, so if something is broken or does something strange, if the questions are too simple -- or too difficult -- please report any trouble, questions or concerns to me here at myspace -- or email me

Thanks for your help, have fun, and good luck on the test!

Andrew Mays
Webmaster
U.S. Space & Rocket Center

http://www.spacecamp.com/quiz/

http://www.myspace.com/spacecampusa
Alumni Andi

"We choose to go to the moon, in this decade, not because it is easy, but because it is hard."
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Wohoo and i have the high score with a perfect score.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
gt0163c
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by gt0163c »

Couple of things. It would be nice to know the right answer when you get a question wrong.
And in the Sally Ride question, shouldn't it be Dr. Sally Ride? There are a couple of other doctors listed that include the title.
Level I Aug '89-Rockwell
Level II Aug '91-Lockheed Engineering
Level II Aug '92-Lockheed Aerospace-Right Stuff Award
Adult ASA Sept '07-Marshall MS
Adult ASA Train With an Astronaut-Oct '15-Discovery-Commander's Cup, Challenger Award, Alumni Coin
Pete Conrad Fan
Camper
Camper
Location: Ocala, Gainesville, Jacksonville, St. Augustine, Lake City, Orlando, FL

Post by Pete Conrad Fan »

I only had time to do a few levels today.

The only thing I picked up was, I believe it's "Motto" not "Moto"? Am I wrong for the NASA Motto question?
-Sarah

Space Academy Level I 9/1990 - BDM
Aviation Challenge Basic 6/1991 - F-16 Falcons, "Tigger", Red Flag Award
Alumni Space Academy 8/2007 - Columbia
bnaivar
Camper
Camper

Post by bnaivar »

Oh well, I missed a couple. Some of those were GOOD questions. :P
alumniandi
Counselor
Counselor

Post by alumniandi »

"We've been working on a quiz for the Space Camp web site- and I figure there's no better place to put the system through some serious testing than by posting it here on MySpace! [<-- copy & paste is the devil, no?! --Mod] "

I wanted to post the actual MySpace Post up here so people knew where it came from :P . I am not sure if our new webmaster is familiar with the great and wonderful Hab1, but i will look into that.
Alumni Andi

"We choose to go to the moon, in this decade, not because it is easy, but because it is hard."
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

I missed one... grrr... because the page took a while to register my answer and switch to the next question, so I clicked on it again. Which... in that split second, changed to the next question and submitted the wrong answer.

That probably makes no sense... In other words, sometimes it takes me two clicks to submit my answer, one to 'activate' the quiz thing and one to submit my answer, and then sometimes it only takes one click.
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

Oh, and I second the Motto and Dr. Sally Ride bits.

Also, some of the higher level questions are easier than the lower level ones. (i.e. NASA acronym should be in level 1, not 2 or 3 or wherever it is)

I agree though, some of those questions are pretty tough and made me think for a long while. Good stuff.
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
street
Counselor
Counselor

Post by street »

The question concerning the country that orbited the first satellite...it should be the USSR rather than 'Russia'. At that point Russia was part of the USSR. That would be like saying Florida, rather than the US, launched John Glenn.
Living the dream
Andrew
Camper
Camper

Post by Andrew »

alumniandi wrote: ... I am not sure if our new webmaster is familiar with the great and wonderful Hab1, but i will look into that.
I've actually visited Hab1 several times, first time posting though.

I appreciate everyone's feedback on the quiz. I'll go fix a few of the question/answer related issues now.
SpaceCanada wrote:In other words, sometimes it takes me two clicks to submit my answer, one to 'activate' the quiz thing and one to submit my answer, and then sometimes it only takes one click.
I've got some code to fix this error as well- I was concerned about it and should have dropped it in from the git-go -- my apologies.

-Andrew Mays